“Restful stop in Keene, New Hampshire”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
san francisco
“Restful stop in Keene, New Hampshire”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Clean, friendly, pet friendly restful find on my roadtrip through New England. Tucked away near a shopping center in Keene, this Hotel was so comfortable on my first pass through this area, that I made a 50 mile detour to rest there again on my way back west. When I couldn't find any agreeable hotel in Springfield, Mass., I drove to where I had stayed before and was glad I did. The next morning I drove the Mohawk trail through Vermont, which I never would have seen if I hadn't taken this detour to NH.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank N G
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear N G,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Wow! I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so positive that you made the trip back to see us again! I will definitely be passing along your kind words to our staff and hope that you come back and see us again soon in the future.

James Prentiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vermont
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recently had a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Keene.
As others have noted the location is a bit odd - off the main road at the end of a dead end street. Did not see a sign until you got to the property. If you don't have GPS make sure to ask for directions!
Room was very clean and well appointed. Bed and pillows very comfortable.
Breakfast was above average IMO. Nice hot coffee, sausage and gravy w/biscuits, egg, pastries, breads, pancake maker, cereal.
We did not use the pool (indoor) but did check it out. Its small so I would imagine it gets crowded easily on busy days.
Best part of the hotel was the staff. Always had a smile on their faces and ready and willing to help.
We would stay here again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: The pool is on the first floor and there are 2 rooms directly across from it - i can't remember...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear vter,

Thank you for sharing your comments! I am delighted to hear how well your experience was with us. I will be sharing your review with everyone here on property. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Keene, NH!

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Away from the Downtown area results in a quite nights stop off.
Room was a tad cramped although clean and well presented.
Breakfast was fine, with reasonable selection, and plentiful coffee.
What made the place was the Staff, great reception on arrival, and the next morning, with some good advice on places to go.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HMCSpy,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the staff really made your experience a positive one while staying with us. I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to everyone here at the Holiday Inn Express. Hope to see you again soon.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel was nice and clean.
The desk staff said that it used to be a Comfort Inn.
The location was a bit odd ... down a winding road.
I would imagine that hotels are happy for GPS...that helps people find "off the beaten path" properties for sure.
: -)
Lonnie at the desk was very nice.
The lighting in the room was good. Bed was comfortable.
There was construction going on when I was there in May. (Not much you can do about that....the hotel handled it pretty well.)
There was a funky/interesting waterfall decoration in the lobby.
Bathroom counter/sink was very small and "outside of the bathroom." That is a Comfort Inn design. Makes sense with the takeover. If I had not been on business (IE..with my husband), I would prefer the sink in the bathroom.
2 washcloths, hand towels, and towels. (adequate)
Fridge and micro in the room.
All and all, a nice hotel -- I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Eulalia_3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As we are tucked off the main road, we enjoy the peace and quiet that it brings! I will be sure to let Lanie know that you enjoyed her company. Hope to see you again the next time you visit the area!

georgia, vt
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were long overdue to find a hotel as we'd driven too long for one day. We found Holiday Inn Express in Keene and they had 2 rooms available. Very clean, and well outfitted for a basic hotel. We'd stay there again but make a reservation in advance! The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear webs4298,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to here that your experience with us was such a positive one. I will be sure to share you comments with all of our staff on property. Hope to see you again then next time you visit the Keene area!

Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I highly recommend . Very friendly staff, clean comfortable room, high count sheets and comfortable mattress, delicious fresh breakfast, newly redone gym
Location was perfect for visiting friends and family

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Marilyn B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear how well your stay was with us. I will be sure to share your review with all of our staff on property. We hope that your come to visit us again, the next time you visit Keene!

Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spend 50-60 hotel nights a year on the road. The Keene HI is fine. Want the GM to know Amy/front desk is exceptional. Excellent employee in all respects. When you become the regional, may I suggest she would be a good replacement candidate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear kasey1945,

Thank you for your review. Amy is a great asset to our front desk team, she truely understands the meaning of great customer service. I will be sure to keep and pass along your comments to our executive team. Hope to see you again soon!

James Prentiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!