“Holiday inn is always a safe choice”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spend 50-60 hotel nights a year on the road. The Keene HI is fine. Want the GM to know Amy/front desk is exceptional. Excellent employee in all respects. When you become the regional, may I suggest she would be a good replacement candidate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear kasey1945,

Thank you for your review. Amy is a great asset to our front desk team, she truely understands the meaning of great customer service. I will be sure to keep and pass along your comments to our executive team. Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Keene

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were traveling through on our "leaf peeping" tour of NH. I am a Platium member of IHG and have stayed at many throughout the country. This one was way above average. The location is a little unusual but other than that it was a terrific place to stay. Right off Route 10, plenty of places to eat in town.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Typical HI Express room but much cleaner than usual. I would definitely stop back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Nancy011351,

Thank you for your kind review. This is definitely a beautiful time of year with all of the fall foliage. I am glad that you had the opportunity to find us and let us be apart of your journey across New Hampshire. I am also glad that a Platinum IHG Rewards member has so much positive to share about our property! I hope that you enjoyed your trip and the next time you are in the Keene area you consider us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a pretty typical HIE. We encountered no problems with our stay. The lady in the breakfast was very helpful and friendly. I don't believe I have ever come across anyone working in the breakfast area that was so helpful. Check in was a little slow, but the desk clerk was new.

Room Tip: This is only a 2 story hotel and we were on the back side, but there was still some road noise.
1  Thank travlingal51

Dear travlingal51,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip-Advisor! We all appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff on property and our Front Desk team is learning more and more each day. Thank you for your understanding!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night on our way to Massachusetts from Upstate NY. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We heard no noise from in the room. The breakfast was great, but having just read the other reviews I wish I had tried the pancake maker.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear DisneyDad2,

I am glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us! I will make sure to pass along your review to our staff on property. We will be sure keep that pancake maker ready for when you visit the area again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was our first stay in this property. Per the other reviews it has been renovated this summer and it looks it, all is brand new. The room was extremely clean but a bit small. The breakfast was great, they have hot cinnamon buns with icing which were so good I had two! They also have a pancake machine I didn't get a chance to try. There is no attached restaurant but for weary travellers there is a small 'mart' next to the reception desk with frozen single-serve pizzas, Stouffer's chicken breast, meal-in-a-cup macn'cheese, ice cream, Starbucks iced beverages, etc. Prices are high but it is definitely a notch up from a vending machine dinner. The front desk staff and the breakfast waitress were all pleasant, friendly and happy. This is a nice establishment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear BaysideConnecticut ,

We thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our recently updated facilities and enjoyed our breakfast! I will be passing along your kind words to our staff. Hope you come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 1 night. The room was large, clean, and well apportioned, with an efficiency kitchenette and the shower had really good water pressure. Our room was on the back of the building and was very quiet. Breakfast had several hot and cold options - I liked the cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Lucy S,

We all thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to hear that your stay was pleseant and enjoyable. One of my favorite parts of breakfast are the cinnamon rolls as well, I have to watch myself sometimes! I will be sure to share your review with our staff on property and hope to see you again with us soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here one night recently as we were hiking Mt Pisgah and Mt Sunapee.
Very clean, nicely decorated rooms in a quiet area of town.
Close to Elm City Brewery (a great restaurant) and many others as well.
The staff were very professional, friendly and helpful.
The breakfast area was well maintained by a lovely attendant.
They have an automatic pancake maker that was simply delicious!
Push a button and your pancakes (2) are ready in minutes.
Would stay here again and highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get a room away from the elevator on second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Cats058,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you got to experience the city of Keene. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff in property. We hope to welcome you back soon!

James Prentiss

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!