“"Wonderful Hotel"”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We attended an all-day event nearby and wanted to stay in the area overnight. It was too late and we were too tired to drive to our home over two hours away. We were very glad to find availability at the Holiday Inn Express in Keene, NH. The check-in process was smooth and the clerk was very friendly.
Our room was extremely comfortable, the shower worked very well and the refrigerator came in handy. Everything in the room seemed fresh, clean and recently updated. The hot breakfast the next morning was varied and delicious. The woman who handled the breakfast set-up and clean-up was wonderfully warm and charming. My husband and I gave her a hug when we left. She felt like an immediate friend!

Room Tip: Choose a top-floor room because we heard the people above us too clearly in our first-floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for your kind review. I will be sure to share your stay with our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Keene. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Service with a smile! When travelin I like to stay were I feel wanted. Everyone here was super nice! Especially Amy, as I was leaving she loaded me up with bottled water before I left. It was almost 99' degrees today.

Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Atravelingbear,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us on Trip-Advisor! We are delighted to hear that you stay was positive and I will be sure to share your kind words with Amy. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was here for one night on business. It was so bad that I decided to drive 10 hours home after working at a customer site rather than stay one more night! The place was dirty. The room smelled, and I requested a new one. It was dirty still, but at least didn't smell. The AC / heat unit was noisy. There is not enough parking. It's on a dead end street in a bad area. In general, it's a place to sleep if you have to, but I wouldn't do it again. I rarely complain about anything, but this place was just bad.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Steve G,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your review with our management team on property and will be looking into the challanges that you pointed out. As you probably noticed, our hotel was going through some renovation to the parking lot and has since been completed. My sincerest apologies for the parking situation for one of your nights, as we did have additional spaces in our neighboring parking lot. As for your rooms I have brought these concerns directly to our housekeeping supervisors and they will be looking into this. If you ever find yourself back in the area we would be more than happy to welcome you back and I can personally assist you with your reservation. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have anyfurther feedback at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com or at 603-352-7616. I know we are much better from how your review sounds and would like the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

we stayed at the end of june 2013 the hotel was under major renovations at the time. we were not aware of this so there was no pool fitness center and many carpets were torn up. we were with a lacrosse tournament so the kids were upset that there wasn't a pool . our room was very nice and the breakfast was good. I would probably recommend this hotel if you needed a room in keene.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear lDLCNMEE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us in TripAdvisor. I wanted to share that our major renovation work has been completed and the amenities are all available for guest use. I apologize that you did not receive word before arriving that the pool and fitness center were closed for updates. However, I am pleased to hear your room accomodation was pleasant and hope to see you again soon the next time you visit the Keene area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Keene may not be located in the heart of downtown, but it is a great hotel. Very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Called for extra towels and they arrived in under 5 minutes. Breakfast was great. The AC worked like a charm, and the pool is now open. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear CapeTraveler038,

Thank you for your kind words. We were all delighted to hear about how well your stay was with us. I have passed along your comments to our entire team and are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The HI Express is located in a run down industrial side street a few minutes from charming foentown Keene. The hotel is being renovated, and that means some things just look awful, but will eventually be nice. For example, the old carpeting, the pulled up tiles in front of the elevator. The room had a funny odor, the safety lock had been broken off, ac was loud, beds are soft and lumpy as are the pillows. Staff is kind and pleasant and free wifi is nice. Worst night's sleep I have ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Rundeep,

I am disappointed to hear about your stay with us and the challanges that you faced. Our renovations have since been completed and we are pleased that our guests are enjoying all the amenities of the hotel. I know that we are much better than how your review sounds. Please feel free to reach out to my personally at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com or at 603-352-7616. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights, two rooms: king and double-double, connecting, Friendly and helpful staff – they seemed to suffer from the construction that was going on to upgrade the public areas.

Once finished the place will look nice and will be good value if prices do not creep up - but will have major drawbacks from the basic poor quality of the bulding and resulting noise from neighboring rooms

The rooms were comfortable. Fridge was too loud.
Wifi was free, reliable and fast – rare in any grade of hotel these days.

We moved rooms after the first night – from ground floor to second floor – as the noise from guests walking above us was unbearable and made for a very short night.
The second floor was better – but there was still noise from the neighboring rooms – creaking floors and bathroom/water noise.

Room Tip: stay only in top floor and ask for end of hall (as long as it is not by ice machine!) to minimize no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank newbay415
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear newbay415,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you found our staff helpfull and accomodating. With our renovations set to be completed by the end of this week, we are pleased that our guests can experience brand new amenities while on property. I hope to see you again next time you visit the Keene NH area, and if you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to call me at 603-352-7616 or email at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com.

James Prentiss

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!