“Standard offering with flaws - noise - great wifi - friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights, two rooms: king and double-double, connecting, Friendly and helpful staff – they seemed to suffer from the construction that was going on to upgrade the public areas.

Once finished the place will look nice and will be good value if prices do not creep up - but will have major drawbacks from the basic poor quality of the bulding and resulting noise from neighboring rooms

The rooms were comfortable. Fridge was too loud.
Wifi was free, reliable and fast – rare in any grade of hotel these days.

We moved rooms after the first night – from ground floor to second floor – as the noise from guests walking above us was unbearable and made for a very short night.
The second floor was better – but there was still noise from the neighboring rooms – creaking floors and bathroom/water noise.

Room Tip: stay only in top floor and ask for end of hall (as long as it is not by ice machine!) to minimize no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank newbay415
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear newbay415,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you found our staff helpfull and accomodating. With our renovations set to be completed by the end of this week, we are pleased that our guests can experience brand new amenities while on property. I hope to see you again next time you visit the Keene NH area, and if you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to call me at 603-352-7616 or email at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The rooms are nice and cosy, the place is quite and relaxing. And you get the standard package that you would expect. No complaints about the stay here. The breakfast is all right. They had some minor renovation work going on but that did not really affect the stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Jacob J,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that your accomodation was so pleasant, even in the middle of some renovation work. Our staff will be delighted to hear about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Arrived at the hotel well before check in however they accommodated an early check in which is always appreciated. Very friendly front desk associate who was there when I checked in and when I checked out! She informed me of some renovations they were undergoing in the lobby area and by the pool. Pool was closed during this time, but I didn't plan on swimming anyways. She placed me away from the construction and slept great. Nice rooms and very clean. Our room had a mini fridge which we used and the AC unit worked great. I felt very safe here, enjoyed the rooms and the service I received and will stay here again if I return to Keene!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Micka7,

We thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! I am encouraged to hear how wonderful your stay was. I will be passing along your kinds words with all of our staff on property. We can't wait for you to come and stay with us again next time you visit the Keene area.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The location is a bit hard to find but the hotel is near the intersection of major roads. Staff is very helpful and we found the facility clean and in very good condition. There is some construction in progress (June 2013) but that activity does not interefe with guests needs. The breakfast buffet is very good; better than expected.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear paul t,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an enjoyable time while staying with us while our renovations are being finished. Our staff works very hard and it is nice when they are complimented! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone on property. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

The pool was closed I found out after I arrived. No hot tub no pool no fotness center and i couldnt find s buisness center either.The hallways looked dumpy. There is plywood attached to walls. The outside looked sketchy. The room looked good period. I was very unhappy upon arrival!

• Stayed: May 2013
James P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear cadger68,

Thank you for your comments. As stated in your review we are in the stages of some major renovation to our property. As part of our renovation, the hotel pool had to be closed for construction to the pool deck. The fitness room is also currently closed for updates and improvements. Our business center and breakfast area are being worked on, but are still available for use. We pride ourselves at the Holiday Inn Express Keene on excellent service, and do apologize about this challange that you experienced during your stay. I hope that once these renovations are completed you will come back and stay with us again when visting the Keene, NH area. If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to email me at jprentiss@colwenhotels.com or call me at 603-352-7616.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Amy was so helpful.! I had chosen Luca's as a restaurant to go to for the night. She confirmed. Luca's was a fabulous restaurant. Unfortunately, I lost a hearing aid, I think at Luca's. Luca's is closed on the day I was heading back home. Amy had called and left a message for Lucas, promised she'd follow up the next day to see if someone had found the hearing aid, and said, if they had found it, she would make sure it got back to me... That's over and above! Thank you Amy. You do a great job at a very nice Holiday Inn express!

Room Tip: Tell Amy what you're looking for in a room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was so cozy and snuggly. The staff was warm and friendly. The blankets and pillows were snuggly and comfy. We loved our room, we felt like we were nestled in front of the fireplace. With free internet and continental breakfast, what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and I was right near all of the action; no complaints!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#2 of 10 in Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!