“There's a Reason for Good Reviews”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Saint Louis, Missouri
“There's a Reason for Good Reviews”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my first time to Keene and I only wish I t wasn't there on business and could have stayed longer. The hotel is nicely located. The evening was cool so I enjoyed a nice walk in the evening to the grocery in the strip mile nearby. I had work to do and found everything about the room to be great for both relaxing and getting work accomplished.

Room Tip: An upper floor near in the back of the building is the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I needed a room to attend a wedding near Keene, NH. We checked into local bed and breakfasts and discovered that they were full. We thought it was do to the "leaf peeping" season, so we tried the chain hotels and many were booked, so we reserved this hotel. After arriving I discovered the real problem. A NASCAR race was scheduled the same weekend.

The hotel is not easy to find, so if you go make sure your GPS shows its location or follow other directions.

The room was quite nice with a king bed and small sofa. Microwave, refrigerator and a wide screen tv were appreciated. The sink was plugged with what appeared to be tobacco, and I was about to call maintenance when my wife dug at it with a pen and unplugged it. Just as she did we got a knock on the door from housekeeping (ESP?). We told her of the problem, but it appeared to be fixed. A short time later we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was in order. This may have been generated by our talk to the housekeeping employee or just a courtesy call.

The breakfast was also nice with a number of hot items not usually found in other hotels (hot gravy, scrambled eggs, even a machine that made pancakes).

So what is my beef? It was just too expensive for this type of hotel in this area. Frankly speaking I would not spend $166 if I was not backed in a corner because of this wedding. I know that local events affect room prices, and frankly if the local Best Western or Days Inn were also charging these prices I would seek lodging out of town.

When I was checking out I told the front desk person about the tobacco in the sink experience and also that the tv remote needed batteries, and she apologize and seemed concerned about my minor inconvenience. She said that because my room was prepaid she could not give me a discount (I did not ask for one!), but she sad she would add some extra points to my Holiday Inn rewards program. I thought that was a nice touch and added to the experience.

Room Tip: My son booked a room with two double beds and it did not have a sofa. If you would like a sofa you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The friendly greeting by the gentleman at the front desk was much appreciated after a long day of travel. Our room was very spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The internet connection worked well and the desk in the room was very helpful for working on the laptop to reseach our next day of travel. Breakfast is always too late for us and generally we have to leave without it but that was not the case this time. The attendant had much of the breakfast set-up earlier then required and that was very helpful to us and especially to business travelers on early schedules.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

First I need to talk about about the front desk. They were nice but we didn't like our musty smelling room across the hall from the pool. I called and they moved us down the hall to another musty smelling room. I went back and was talking about leaving to find another place to stay. They upgraded us to other wing of the building. I'm thinking great. The room was better and it looked like new carpet like the other rooms but not the musty smell. Then I walked back in the hall to go to my car and two dogs in the hall started barking. There were many dogs on this hall during our one night stay. During the night I only heard them once. In the morning I could hear them many times. I think the 2nd floor would have been better location. I could also hear someone walking around above our room. You can tell it was an older hotel that had been fixed up.
The pool looked small from the doorway. I didn't go in.
The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly.
It is hard to understand how to get to the hotel.

I loved our bed. I was comfortable.

Room Tip: 2nd floor would be better. Don't get the rooms across from the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear TheEasternShoreBoop,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked the breakfast and the service you received from our staff. I apologize for the issues you encountered with your the condition of your room accommodation, the pool and the noise. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Sometimes one gets service that is extraordinary. That was the case with our stay at the Holiday Inn at Keene. We stayed 5 nights to attend a conference and chose Holiday Inn because we needed the internet services that our meeting place did not have.
Amy greeted us so cheerily and met every request we made. She really helped us to take advantage of our free time by helping us to map our the sites of covered bridges. One day she helped us to decide a place to celebrate our anniversary and the restaurant was superb. We are seniors and this kind of service is most welcome. A leaky faucet was taken care of before the days end. In summation she helped us to have a superb vacation as well as welcoming us like old friends.
In appreciation, Mary and Bill Schrankler, Woodbury, Minnesota

New Milford, CT
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Holiday Inn is very well managed, it is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The building is newly renovated, carpets and bathroom were clean, bed was comfortable, we were very pleased. And this facility is pet friendly - another big plus. And the complimentary breakfast was really good-delicious bagels, eggs, bacon, biscuits, cereal, etc. We had not stayed in a Holiday Inn in many years, but their new branding and updating of buildings and amenities really shows. We will seek out other Holiday Inns that are pet friendly and hope for another similar, positive experience.

20853
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We checked in about 5:30pm. The woman at the desk was pleasant and told us about the breakfast in the morning. The room was large, two double beds, a desk, nice large chair and ottoman. It also had a refrigerator, coffee maker (which was helpful for my husband who rises at 5:00am), and hairdryer. It also has guests washer/dryers-reasonable prices.

When we would arrive for breakfast at 6:00am. Judy had everything ready. Breakfast consists of eggs, bacon or sausage, muffins, bagels, cereal and a pancake making machine that the kids loved. Judy was great and even offered her husband's help when we had a flat tire.

The room was clean and well stocked by Wendy.

All in all, a very pleasant stay and friendly, helpful staff.
Each time we go we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Prefer to be on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank raiford2727
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!