My wife and I needed a room to attend a wedding near Keene, NH. We checked into local bed and breakfasts and discovered that they were full. We thought it was do to the "leaf peeping" season, so we tried the chain hotels and many were booked, so we reserved this hotel. After arriving I discovered the real problem. A NASCAR race was scheduled the same weekend.
The hotel is not easy to find, so if you go make sure your GPS shows its location or follow other directions.
The room was quite nice with a king bed and small sofa. Microwave, refrigerator and a wide screen tv were appreciated. The sink was plugged with what appeared to be tobacco, and I was about to call maintenance when my wife dug at it with a pen and unplugged it. Just as she did we got a knock on the door from housekeeping (ESP?). We told her of the problem, but it appeared to be fixed. A short time later we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was in order. This may have been generated by our talk to the housekeeping employee or just a courtesy call.
The breakfast was also nice with a number of hot items not usually found in other hotels (hot gravy, scrambled eggs, even a machine that made pancakes).
So what is my beef? It was just too expensive for this type of hotel in this area. Frankly speaking I would not spend $166 if I was not backed in a corner because of this wedding. I know that local events affect room prices, and frankly if the local Best Western or Days Inn were also charging these prices I would seek lodging out of town.
When I was checking out I told the front desk person about the tobacco in the sink experience and also that the tv remote needed batteries, and she apologize and seemed concerned about my minor inconvenience. She said that because my room was prepaid she could not give me a discount (I did not ask for one!), but she sad she would add some extra points to my Holiday Inn rewards program. I thought that was a nice touch and added to the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new guest rooms in 2011! There are many reasons why the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the favorite place for business travelers and vacationers in Keene, NH. Area businesses include National Grange Mutual, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Smith Medical, Markem, Timken, Corning Net Optix, Liberty Mutual, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic. We are located close to Keene State College, Antioch New England Graduate School, and Franklin Pierce College.Area attractions include the annual Pumpkin Festival, Mt. Monadnock, covered bridges, Colonial Theatre, Colony Mill Marketplace, and many award-winning local restaurants. Activities include skiing and tubing at Granite Gorge, hiking, biking, golfing and shopping. The Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH features 80 spacious guest rooms with everything you desire in your travel accommodations, from pet-friendly rooms to free WIFI. From the moment you enter, friendly and knowledgeable staff will remind you why you chose to Stay Smart. So whether you are in town for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the place to be. We are Keene's finest hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Keene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Keene Hotel Keene
- Holiday Inn Keene
- Keene Holiday Inn Express