“A Little hard to get to, but worth the trip”

Holiday Inn Express Keene
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Minneapolis,Mn
“A Little hard to get to, but worth the trip”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The motel is close to shopping, places to eat and even movies theaters. what more could you ask for. The staff is friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The only down side is it is almost at the end of the access road. There does not seem to be much parking until you go around the back of the building, Every one will take all of the places in the front. The breakfast cover cereals, hot rolls, pancakes, muffins, coffee and juices. It can get a little crowded in the morning, but seating never was a problem. Did use a sound conditioner to cover up the noise during the night

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
hiexpresskeene, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel has just finished a $1 Million redecoration of all guestrooms, hallways, and recreation areas of the hotel and we love to hear positive feedback. I was happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast as well. We work hard to make our breakfast as fresh and high quality as possible. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Frank LaGrande

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Our stay included 4 quiet, calm, relaxing weekdays & 2 not-so-great weekend nights thanks only to the deluge of 30+ kids, parents & their dogs. (No wonder pool was closed "due to a chemical imbalance" the Monday they all left). Nothing like stepping over wall-to-wall p.j-wearing, barefooted adolescents in the breakfast room, which is why we opted to breakfast in our rooms those two mornings.

The clientele aside, the hotel itself provided great amenities. It's set well off the main road on dead-end street. Very quiet - from traffic that is. Walls tend to be a bit thin, but screaming kids can penetrate anything. :(

Hotel staff/engineer immediately obliged when I asked if a.c. could be jacked up in fitness room (which I did use every day). I just wish someone would clean the soot & mold from the vanes on the air vent in the fitness room. Not very healthy to breathe that stuff in especially when you're exercising. And it would be a real improvement if they could either replace or fix the heat/ac units in rooms or at least the one in the room where we stayed. Extremely, extremely noisy to the point that we had to keep it off most of the time.

Other than that, they immediately replaced a broken lamp in our room and were overall very attentive, responsive, obliging and professional at all times. Spot-on wake up calls. WiFi initially sporadic, which may have been due to high-wind conditions. But they had it back up to speed within the day. Would definitely stay again. Rates were excellent. Make sure to ask if the booking agent can offer you a better deal than the quoted rates or a "manager's special".

Thanks to this and another pleasing stay at a HIE in N.J., I now make it a point to seek out HIE wherever & whenever I travel because I know it will provide all the necessary amenities, a clean, more-than satisfactory stay, good sleep and reliable staff.

**Traveler's Tip: If you're planning on staying here or any hotel for that matter, I think, don't book the first floor. (A) too close to chlorine-scented pool; (B)that's where the hotel usually books families w/kids & or pets; and (C) speaking of kids...try and find out if hotel has booked large groups w/kids for time you're requesting. If at all possible, book another date.**

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
hiexpresskeene, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing the good and not so good parts about your stay. We love to hear when we get it right , but we also want to know when it's not right . It's then when we can identify the issues and work with our staff to improve. That was a particularly busy weekend with youth hockey groups and their families and it was also school vacation here in NH. The pool had been used so much the entire week that we were constantly trying to keep the pool at safe levels for swimming. By Monday, we had to close pool to get it back to normal. Thanks for your patience, understanding, and willingness to share!

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Nice place, clean, friendly staff and great breakfast. The pool could have been better as they had 2 birthday parties on Sunday with 30 kids. The pool was cloesed Monday becasue it was not swimable.

I would return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words are very happy you enjoyed your stay. The weekend you stayed was the end of school vacation here in NH and there were 2 birthday parties on Sunday. The pool got a lot of use that day! We love to host pool parties, but we may try not to schedule any the week of school vacation again. Thanks and we would love to see you again in the future.

Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Traveling as I do, often, for business I see a lot of hotel staff that vary in kindness, helpfulness and competence. Some hotels with so called, "four-star" ratings, such as the Hilton I recently stayed at in New York must be just based on the quality of carpeting, fixures, etc., because the staff was threadbare to say the least.
However, in booking a more economical room in the Holiday Inn in Keene, I was treated like a decent human being should be: with respect, attention to detail, and kindness. The room was clean and well furnished; I also enjoyed the breakfast spread. Overall, a much better experience than I usually expect.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
hiexpresskeene, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thanks! Our staff is committed to provide the highest quality service, and like you said, treat guests like real people. We take the time to listen to and anticipate guest's needs and wants and make sure to follow through. We look forward to having you visit the next time you are in Keene!
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have stayed at this location several times, most recently for the Pumpkin Festival in Keene. It's a great location! When I realized I'd forgotten to pack socks for the trip, I was able to run practically across the street to Walmart to pick some up. The staff was very friendly, and my room was spotless. You can tell the management has a real attention to detail. I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
keenehie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Thanks for your kind words, Joanna. We love to hear when we get it right. We work hard to please all guests and love to hear the positive feedback.
Boston
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Every year, my husband and I stay at the HI Express in Keene for the Jaffrey fireworks festival. Whenever we stay, we find that the rooms are clean, comfortable, and the staff is super friendly. My husband loves the cinnamon buns in the morning!
I always get a good nights sleep whenever I stay here, and the staff is usually able to give us a late check out. Downtown Keene is a good time, too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dansquared
keenehie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you so much for your review! The Jaffrey fireworks are one of the many great events in the area. It is our pleasure to accommodate you anytime you visit Keene!
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This hotel was in a great location -0ffered superb service clean room and was pefrect for my business trip. The room was bright, clean and spacious. Tbe business center allowed me to meet a deadline that I had. I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. The Holiday Inn Express is in a great location- near shops and restaurants. The parking was great. This hotel was perfect for my business trip. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
keenehie, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Keene, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate your business and we would love the opportunity to accommodate you again for future business trips to the Keene area. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Keene? Share your experiences!