“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Too busy and understaffed. Many people (including us) were complainig about their food taking too long to be served. After waiting over 45 minutes for our dinners to be served it was average at best.

2  Thank Smarkow314

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate here for my husband's birthday. We started off with the calamari which was average. I ordered a couple of appetizers instead of a main course. The scallops with the arugula salad was decent. There was no wow factor here. I also ordered another special, a pork and porcini risotto. It was bland. Nothing popped in this dish. It wasn't creamy or flavorful. I brought half of it home to see how I could improve on it. My husband ordered a seafood pasta rosa which was decent. It was tasty and a clear winner at our table. It had plenty of scallops and shrimp.
If our waitress had inquired about our dishes, I would have sent the risotto back. Our waitress started ou strong, but the service fell off from there. We waited 20 minutes for gelato, once they figured out what flavors were actually available. I wouldn't rush back here. If I were to return, I would steer clear of the specials which just were not that special.

2  Thank xatobunny
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just go you will see for yourself. We are not easily impressed but this place did it. Service, food, atmosphere, all excellent. Great dining experience.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a wonderful dinner my husband and I had to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We went on a Tuesday night and were happy to have made reservations, as the restaurant was quite crowded. We were seated close enough to watch the meal being prepared by chefs who seemed to work in perfect synchronicity. Our meals were outstanding, and we can't wait to return.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The saltamboca was delicious and the ambiance is very pleasing, soft and candlelit, this is a very nice restaurant. The only problem is that the service was very slow it took about twenty to twenty five minutes for our entrees to arrive and the restaurant was only half full so I see no excuse for this. We will go back when next we are in Keene. The only two points I must mention is one, you walk into an office building and the restaurant is the door you first see when you walk in; two, the windows in the restaurant look across to a University cafeteria, it isn't as offputting as it sounds but if you want more 'ambiance' ask to be seated away from the windows.

1  Thank BaysideConnecticut