“Always had enjoyed coming here”
Review of Nicola's Trattoria

Nicola's Trattoria
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We sometimes came for a special occaison, we were never disapointed, a bit pricy but everything seemed fresh, and freshly made.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We're from out of town, but we had heard from friends in Keene that this is hands-down the best restaurant in the area. True. We took 20 friends and family members last night and cannot say enough about this restaurant. The chef is incredibly talented and the place has a superb menu. We highly recommend the place for an romantic dinner for two, a family meal, or a larger gathering off the bar. Thank you, terrific staff of Nicola's Trattoria, for a memorable evening. We'll be back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner with friends. Having read the good reviews here on the seafood, I had the fish special: pan seared cod with italian greens and sweet potatoes with a butter and saffron sauce. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. The desserts looked wonderful, I wanted something light and the lemon sorbet was just right.

The staff were very good, from the hostess to the wait staff, to the cook we passed in the lobby who wished us a good night and thanked us for coming.
The atmosphere was pleasant. Our party felt like dressing up, and some others were in jeans and it all fit.

The whole night was easy and pleasing. Will be back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Nicola's last night. I ordered the scallop appetizer special and the crab stuffed trout special as an entre. The scallops were cooked perfectly, warm but opaque in the middle. The crab stuffed trout was by far the best piece of fish I have eaten at a restaurant in quite some time. It was well seasoned and perfectly cooked, the skin was crispy and very flavorful and I usually do not eat fish skin. My husband enjoyed the calamari appetizer and veal piccata but agreed that my trout was wonderful! Attentive service and lovely atmosphere, we will be back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal with attentive service celebrating Valentine's Day. It was difficult to decide which entree to choose, they all sounded so good. Food was well presented, fresh and hot. The atmosphere was perfect for the occasion. It was fun to watch the food prepared in the open kitchen. Next time I will try the amazing looking pizza I saw coming out of the oven.