“I'd stay again”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keene
CT, United States
“I'd stay again”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have friends who recently moved to the Keene, NH area and this was my first trip to visit them. I will consider staying here again as it is very convenient, most of the staff was very friendly, and it is being renovated currently and looks like it will be very nice when complete. Not to say my room wasn't good as it was.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KTBESTWESTERN, Owner at Best Western Plus Keene Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Albany, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2014

From day one, 5 plus years ago, I have always been treated like family. Even with renovations in the lobby area, the management and staff have kept the disruptions to a minimum. The rooms have always been clean, and fresh. I have never hesitated about staying there, and have stayed there twice a month in the 5 years. The restaurant next door, has changed since the begining, but the quality of food has not. I highly recommend this hotel for anybody traveling to Keene.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Nova Scotia
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has smoking rooms and it is evident as soon as you enter the hallways... The lobby was under renovation and perhaps the whole hotel will be upgraded. Still this is no excuse for the poorly cleaned rooms. Microwave dinner wrappers in the room binder and dirt on the room floors and stained towels in the bath. Breakfast was okay but I can tell you we won't be staying at this Best Western again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank SadGoat
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren't able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
Keene, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2014

parking lot, lobby, breakfast, room door, bathroom, sink, shower, ants on floor, stained sheets, clock radio, coffee maker, tv, constructions noise, toilets can be heard from two doors down. the worst and noisiest hotel i've ever been in. sorry, but it's true. When i pulled up and saw 30 people in the lobby with screaming kids running around, i immediately regretted staying here and was not allowed to cancel my reservation that night. I changed my flight so I could get out of that hotel and not spend another sleepless night!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark R
Keene, NH
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have an unusual living situation in which I rent a home that is owned by a university and I have to move out for two weeks a year every August while a group of students stay in our house. When I move out, I usually stay at the Best Western in Keene. Last year, I left a not-so-favorable review and the manager did nicely refund some money to my credit card and award me some points on my rewards card. However, this year my stay was even worse. And none of the things I addressed last year in my review were fixed. I don't even know where to start. First off, there were major, major renovations happening - carpeting was being ripped out and new carpets installed, and the roof was being replaced, among other renovations. There was a construction crew on the roof the few days after we checked in, hammering away as early as 7 a.m. and keeping us awake. Then, they put a tarp down outside our room (pet-friendly room) right near where I was taking my dog out. And then they started throwing shingles down off the roof. We were not warned this was going to happen. Not only did they NOT put us in a room away from this mess (there were some available) they didn't even tell us they were going to do this. It is my opinion this room should not have even been rented - as well as the block of rooms around us. We checked out early and into another quieter hotel because of this. Next, the sliding glass door has no screen, and living in a room for two weeks it would have been nice to be able to air it out - but we couldn't. Also, the slider was stuck on the track and I almost broke my fingers trying to open it each time because it weighs a lot. The toilet was not anchored to the floor and moved when you sat on it to use it. The door also has a large opening at the bottom of it so you can hear just about every little noise - and trust me, there was A LOT of noise during our stay. The remote control for the TV is just about useless. Oh, and when we left the room for them to clean it, our sheets weren't changed - I know this because there was a blood spot on one of the sheets from where a mosquito had bitten me and I'd smacked it. The fan with the light in the bathroom is so loud and the alternative is this awful light that no one wants to use. Again, the breakfast as I mentioned last year is like some kind of prison food. Not even edible. It's not like the room is cheap - they could at least spring for a decent breakfast. After last year, I decided to give this hotel a second chance - but I'm still not happy. I don't know if I will stay here again. I may just go to the Days Inn from now on.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dogluver2
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I stay here multiple times over the years and these past few times I stayed, they have been remodeling. It's coming together slowly and it looks great. Can't wait til it's all done. Breakfast was great and the staff is very accommodating. I will definitely return again

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kumarp7
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed by our recent stay. We were not told prior to check-in that this hotel was under remodeling. It was very inconvenient to say the least, and quite an eye sore. I would have most certainly have not stayed here with my husband and 8 month old twins. The hotel staff were not courteous, apologetic, or accommodating by any means. The list of unacceptable standards was too long for money spent and time traveled. We could not bathe my daughter's in the tub due to it not being clean;there were ants all over the room that they were crawling on; we had a hard time accessing the pool because they were ripping up and putting down the carpet (which also caused another problem when we were checking out and had to bring all of our things out the sliding door because we could not walk in the hall!!) I was very upset at the point of check-out and the front desk clerk (who lied multiple times to me) gave me the general managers card...who I called and left a message for 4 days ago and have not heard anything in response. To sum it all up, I would NEVER stay here again, feel like I wasted my money/vacation, and wouldn't ever recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Shantelle S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Holiday Inn Express Keene
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Best Western Plus Keene Hotel? Share your experiences!