“Have done renovations Is better than some old Reviews”

Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Connecticut
“Have done renovations Is better than some old Reviews”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We received a fairly good price for this hotel from the website for the hotel. ($116) I was worried about staying here from the reviews but it really wasn't that bad. In fact, it was fine. I can tell that they have a little moisture problem but they try hard to take care of it. I have alot of allergies and I wasn't bothered here. Mold is the worst for me but like I said, it wasn't bad. The breakfast was hearty but kind of boring and not the best I've ever had. Coffee was good .. The rooms were clean and I liked the bedding. It wasn't that crappy polyester bedcovering you get at some hotels. Ugh! It was nice cotton stuff. Overall, not a bad place. I know that Keene has limited places to stay so there is not much competition but I felt like they were trying.

• Liked — Good bedding. Good servers in dining room.
  • Disliked — boring breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank hellomotto23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Waynesboro, Va.
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at other motels in the area. This is by far the better. NEVER a problem even thought they were doing renovation. We will be staying there this fall as well. We live in Va. and try to visit every other year atleast. New Hampshire and Vermont are a pleasure to visit and I tell everyone I know, that they need to visit atleast once. I'm sure they would want to visit again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VagentWaynesboro_Va_
Jersey Shore
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I stay here at least once a month while on business in Keene. They are still doing renovations, which is a major bummer, but the rooms that are done are decent. The free breakfast is average, but you can order a delicious omelet for just a few dollars. The people who work there are VERY friendly and accomodating; I'm always impressed with that. My only problem is that the hotel is ALWAYS busy--they have events every weekend, and for some reason every time I've been there there are groups of children/teenagers staying that same time. The hallways are EXTREMELY loud--you can hear the door next to you slam like it's right next to your head. Aside from that, the hotel is fine--except I am always surprised they charge so much for their rooms!

• Liked — Great location--close to food/business; fridge and microwave
  • Disliked — Loud children running in halls every time I've been there.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Actrss16
Cary NC
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Guest rooms were recently renovated, with new bedding, carpets and fixtures. Large room with refrig. Wireless Internet connection worked fine. Staff was helpful in locating places around town. Restaurant served hot breakfast in the morning with a decent amount of choices. Restaurant service was friendly and prompt. I would stay here again if returning to Keene.

• Liked — Good service, renovated rooms, quiet
  • Disliked — Location was not convenient for pedestrian access to restaurants, etc.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Elmira, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2007

Went to the Nascar race...and after we drove until we got tired....and we happened to decide to pull into this place. We got a rate of $99....which the guy at the front desk said he was cutting us a break since the place wasnt very full. I wouldnt pay anymore than that.
They are doing some remodeling....and it needs it. I know it is a major undertaking to remodel several rooms....but there is construction equipment all over the place...piles of sheetrock, mattresses, and other things in the halls. Piles of dirt covered with tarps next to our entrance. None of which was a problem...but I would of cared a little more if I was paying their "regular price" ....whatever that is.
The halls do smell of some damp, mildewy odor.
Our rate did come with the free breakfast buffet.....very basic. There was a sign by the food that you are only allowed 1 trip through the line...and if you wanted more, then you pay........and you almost get the feeling that they are actually watching. Again, I dont care....but if I was paying good money, this would of annoyed me alot more.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting friends in town. The hotel is improving all rooms. I asked for the second floor and was given that. The room had a king size bed (the holiday inn express down the block only has queens and doubles). The room looks like it was redone recently. There was a micro, small refrigerator and free wireless internet in room. There were also 3 laptops in lobby for general use. The hallway on the first floor has a slightly damp smell, but not in the room. The breakfast was a buffet was just ok, but the service for coffee is slow. This was a Nascar weekend, so the hotel had many people there. The hotel was a nice alternative and half the price of the Holiday Inn Express. The rate went down 2 weeks prior to stay, so I booked and cancelled my previous rate. I did not use the pool.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The dank smell on the first floor lobby
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
The Hills
Reviewed July 27, 2007

This hotel is on the edge of the town, well set back from the highway, and therefore reasonably free of traffic noise. It has no particular features to recommend it, but it proved adequate for our one-night stay, albeit a bit pricey.

We were unfortunate enough to be placed in a smoking room (not the hotel’s fault; we arrived without a reservation late in the evening, and got one of the last rooms available). The room reeked of tobacco, even after we had opened the large window. If this sort of thing bothers you, be sure to get a non-smoker.

The complementary breakfast was above-average, with a well-stocked buffet and plenty of good hot coffee.

If you are passing through Keene and are not fussy about your lodgings, you’ll find this hotel perfectly acceptable. But if you are prepared to shop around, you’ll probably find better elsewhere in the town.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Holiday Inn Express Keene
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Best Western Plus Keene Hotel? Share your experiences!