“Not the greatest” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papagallos Restaurant

Papagallos Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Keene
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Keene, New Hampshire
“Not the greatest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've been here twice and each time I was disappointed, the place is ALWAYS packed, which i just don't get because the food is very bland. Its not horrible but its also not good, just ok. The prices are reasonable which is maybe why so many people go, but i'd rather pay a few more bucks for a good meal than less for an ok one...i'd travel a little further to downtown keene where there are much better places to eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank angels7113

Connecticut
“Super rushed service. Average food. Service could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited this restaurant on Saturday February 1st 2014 at about 5:00

We were seated immediately and the waited took our order quickly. While we were still eating our salads the meals came out. This was only about 5 minutes from when we received our salads. The food was hot but there is no way the food could have been prepared fresh that quickly leading us to believe the food is microwaved.

The food was average for an Italian restaurant but nothing to go back for.

I did see the manager telling one of the staff how to clean a table. He was less that nice to her and should have made sure no customers were around to hear him.

Our soda was not refilled until we were about to leave and only was not done automatically. The glasses are small and should be refilled automatically.

Due to the rushed service we were in the restaurant only about 25 minutes making for a rushed and not enjoyable meal. I would hesitate to return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank edfc
Keene, New Hampshire
“Always hits 100!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I love eating here. Excellent food. Great staff. A real treat. We will continue to keep coming back!

• Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went with a party of 4. We ordered 2 appetizers: Buffalo Wings and Italian "Flat Bread. Both were very good, but the Flat Bread was the better of the 2. I person had Shrimp Scampi, I had Shrimp and Chicken Scampi. Both were good, not great. There was not enough shrimp and garlic, and the lemon was a little overwhelming. Another had the Veal Boscaiola, the veal was good, but they very much disliked the sauce. Another had the Surf & Turf, the steak was bland and the shrimp was over cooked. The dinners salads were nothing to get excited about, except the blue cheese dressing was very good. Our waitress was wonderful, but the manager/owner seemed to be quite nasty to the staff.

I would go back again, but would not order anything with lemon garlic sauce. I am sure the others in my party would also return, but would order different dinner items as well,

• Visited January 2014
Rindge, New Hampshire
“Can be hit or miss...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We've eaten here quite often and usually enjoy it...but lately the quality has slipped a bit. The atmosphere is decent, but I will echo other comments that the management is know for being tyrannical. Sometimes it shows in harried waitstaff...and they don't last long! I think I can attribute the recent bad meals to perhaps turn over in the kitchen as well...the wife got eggplant parm that was bad...as in the eggplant was obviously on the edge of being rotten and I recently had chicken parm that was burned. You hesitate to complain because you see how the help is treated. Maybe the owners are under pressure....but hey boys get it together and stop being mean to the hired help! We want to like you place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stacy S

Been to Papagallos Restaurant? Share your experiences!