“Super rushed service. Average food. Service could be better.”

Papagallos Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 99 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited this restaurant on Saturday February 1st 2014 at about 5:00

We were seated immediately and the waited took our order quickly. While we were still eating our salads the meals came out. This was only about 5 minutes from when we received our salads. The food was hot but there is no way the food could have been prepared fresh that quickly leading us to believe the food is microwaved.

The food was average for an Italian restaurant but nothing to go back for.

I did see the manager telling one of the staff how to clean a table. He was less that nice to her and should have made sure no customers were around to hear him.

Our soda was not refilled until we were about to leave and only was not done automatically. The glasses are small and should be refilled automatically.

Due to the rushed service we were in the restaurant only about 25 minutes making for a rushed and not enjoyable meal. I would hesitate to return.

1  Thank edfc

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I love eating here. Excellent food. Great staff. A real treat. We will continue to keep coming back!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went with a party of 4. We ordered 2 appetizers: Buffalo Wings and Italian "Flat Bread. Both were very good, but the Flat Bread was the better of the 2. I person had Shrimp Scampi, I had Shrimp and Chicken Scampi. Both were good, not great. There was not enough shrimp and garlic, and the lemon was a little overwhelming. Another had the Veal Boscaiola, the veal was good, but they very much disliked the sauce. Another had the Surf & Turf, the steak was bland and the shrimp was over cooked. The dinners salads were nothing to get excited about, except the blue cheese dressing was very good. Our waitress was wonderful, but the manager/owner seemed to be quite nasty to the staff.

I would go back again, but would not order anything with lemon garlic sauce. I am sure the others in my party would also return, but would order different dinner items as well,

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We've eaten here quite often and usually enjoy it...but lately the quality has slipped a bit. The atmosphere is decent, but I will echo other comments that the management is know for being tyrannical. Sometimes it shows in harried waitstaff...and they don't last long! I think I can attribute the recent bad meals to perhaps turn over in the kitchen as well...the wife got eggplant parm that was bad...as in the eggplant was obviously on the edge of being rotten and I recently had chicken parm that was burned. You hesitate to complain because you see how the help is treated. Maybe the owners are under pressure....but hey boys get it together and stop being mean to the hired help! We want to like you place.

1  Thank Stacy S
Reviewed December 14, 2013

after an hr wait for my familys meals the overpriced food came out cold and my complaint to the manager resulted in an eye rolling and a "sorry". Ive recieved better manners from mcdonalds employees. I will not be returning and urge others to do the same. Dont waste your money on such a low class resturant that claims to b high class. Try the fireworks bar and grill in keene..better prices,food,and staff

2  Thank janetkingsbury
angelo p, Owner at Papagallos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

I would like to express how dissapointed I am and apologize for the bad experience you had in our restaurant. My partner and I work very hard to make sure that the food and service is a priority in our business, and we can assure you that we will address this matter with the manager and our kitchen staff. We apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations.