“Can't go wrong with Friendly's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Can't go wrong with Friendly's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

love the ice cream. the staff was Friendly. (LOL) Clean. Good hamburgers.

Visited June 2012

Vermont
“We all scream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

for Friendly's ice cream! too bad we also scream about the inconsistent service. unless you're craving ice cream, your meal money is better spent at another restaurant.

1 Thank MaMaRedPen
Keene, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting environment, immature staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

12/28/11 -- I just came back from a trip to Friendly's (the one in the Hannaford plaza) with my husband and some friends. It was definitely our LAST visit. Three things really stood out -- first, we separated two of the tables and moved two chairs to the ends, and the edge of the table (that had previously been connected/touching the other table) was FILTHY; there was a white filmy, sticky substance which actually left a stain on one of our coats. Wonder when those tables were REALLY cleaned last... Second, one of us ordered a plate of french fries and when it arrived, the fries had some sauce on them from another plate in our group, which wouldn't have been a big deal except that there was some kind of residue UNDER the fries, which means the plate was dirty before the fries were added. Gross. Third, one of the younger waitresses thought it would be funny to stand on a counter top in the kitchen area while another waiter/waitress slapped her bottom. She shrieked with laughter. I'm relieved that there weren't any children to witness such immaturity. I highly doubt the counter top was cleaned after she got down. This Friendly's was much better before all the New Hampshire staff were kicked out by workers from Massachusetts. We will not be returning. I would have taken pictures if I had known that I could add them to this review.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank KDillz
Castle Creek, NY
“typical Friendly's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

I went here for an easy lunch with my three kids. It was not very busy, maybe 5 or 6 other tables being used. Got seated fast and order was taken well. Food arrived as ordered. Our waitress never checked on us again though. When we decided to leave I had to go to the register to find her because she never brought me the check... she was sitting there reading a book. They also no longer give out sundae coupons with kids meals, you either eat it then or don't get it. So overall a typical Friendly's experience... not impressed by much but the kids enjoyed their coloring time and food which was all I needed at the time.

2 Thank QueenB2411
A TripAdvisor Member
“Boring, boring, boring”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2005

For god's sake, how did a Friendly's restaurant ever get to be the #1 restaurant in Keene?? Come on. There are real restaurants not just warmed over institutional food, in Keene. Try Luca's, Armadillo's, Nicola's, Martino's Spaghetti House, The Stage--all serving real food prepared from fresh ingredients. On the other hand, though the food is generally mediocre at Friendly's, the hot fudge sundaes are actually quite good.