“Gorgeous getaway”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Brooklyn, New York
“Gorgeous getaway”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

On our way up further north, we stopped in Keene, NH and spent a wonderful night at the Lane Hotel. Beautiful, elegant, and historic, this place provided us with more than enough room in the duplex-styled suite and was quiet, clean and comfortable. The Main Street outside was also a treat, like something out of "It's a Wonderful Life"! Really spectacular if you are looking for someplace relaxed.

• Stayed October 2013
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that our facilities and amenities provided you with a comfortable and relaxed stay. Come visit us again next time you're headed north!

Alex Bates, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Ashburnham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed for a quick one night getaway at this lovely hotel in Keene, NH during November 2013. When we arrived the front desk staff was happy to greet us and very friendly. We then went up to our room, a two floor king sized suite. The hotel and the room managed to be both modern and traditional, elegant and sleek. The hotel was recently renovated we were told. Very nicely done. The older brick was retained while adding many nice modern touches. The hotel is very conveniently located right on the main street in Keene. Lots of restaurants and shopping all around, Parking in the garage behind the hotel was convenient. The hotel itself was clean and well furnished. We didn't take advantage of it but were told that guests are welcome to enjoy a nightly "happy hour" from 5-6 PM daily with complimentary cocktails, beer and wine. the continental breakfast in the morning was plentiful and tasty. We will be back and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The King Suite was excellent! Two level, spacious and inviting!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Kimberly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our staff, facilities, and amenities. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Friday 11/15 and were greeted by Corey who took the yuk to explain all that the Lane offered. We were pleasantly surprised by the Manager cocktail hour from 6 to 7 nightly. Free cocktails for us both. We were given a Loft Suite. It was a great room and it had a nice bag of goodies from The Hannah Grimes store. Very clean and for such a big Suite very Cozy. Continental Breakfast served daily as well. Great way to start the day. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. We are very thankful for the experience. Well done lane Hotel and staff. Would stay again

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trojans9
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Recently had the opportunity to stay at this elegant hotel, located in the heart of Keene. First and foremost, I have been traveling for years and find it very difficult to find a hotel I would return to. Once I arrived in Keene, I walked into a very welcoming staff. The smile that was on her face showed me that she truly did want me to have a good experience. Within in a couple of minutes I was on my way to the elevator. The female behind the desk was so helpful and could tell I was exhausted, at which point she explained where to go for food or anything else I would need she would be more than happy to answer any questions. The room was definitely a home away from home by being up-to-date, spacious, and great bedding and towels. The next day I went to try the complementary breakfast and was pleased. After my short stay there I would definitely return and would recommend staying here. You cant get any better of the location, rooms that are great, and having such a professional, kind, beautiful, and generous staff member like Katie. Katie is definitely an asset to this hotel as every time I saw her she was standing there with a huge smile and greeted me with a sincere attitude. I thought she was a manager of the hotel with the knowledge and expedience she had regarding questions or comments about my stay. I have recommended to my corporate offices that we always use this hotel, and to look forward to future visits and Katie's expertise.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for views and less road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DougZX10
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. We value guest feedback and we're pleased to hear that you found our hotel, amenities, and staff to be "top shelf." Thank you for recommending us to your corporate offices and we hope to see you and your colleagues next time you're in the area.

Contoocook, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mother, two sisters and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Lane Hotel in Keene. The hotel was clean and its decor up-to-date and attractive. the location was great, right on Main Street and within seconds of great shops and restaurants. Parking in the garage behind the hotel was a breeze. The staff (both Heather and Megan) were professional, helpful, friendly, and responsive. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TEF_NH
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. I'll pass your compliments along to Megan and Heather. We look forward to hosting you next time you're in Keene!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was just in Keene, NH for a business trip and was lost as to where to stay. At a friend's recommendation I stayed at the Lane Hotel was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is right on Main street near very good restaurants, coffee places and local stores. I was upgraded to a suite that was very spacious and the staff was very nice & professional. The room was totallu renovated with nice firniture, bedding and towels. They offer complimentary wine & beer in the afternoon and continental breakfeast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Lane Hotel in Keene. The room we had was certainly oversized and very clean with good facilities. Reception staff were also pleasant however there was no assistance available for luggage which would have been helpful. We dined at the Hotel restaurant next door and the meals were excellent - I would recommend the "White Birch" Local beer. We would stay here again as the town itself is interesting and the staff at the Hotel provided us with a little history of both the Town and the Hotel - this was very much appreciated. If you choose the Lane Hotel I think you would enjoy the stay. These are genuine country people who really do try and make you feel welcome - without the false pleasantness that dominates many city hotels. This is a good place to be.

Room Tip: We chose the basement suite - whilst there are only a couple of windows very high up on the walls (Y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!