“Lucky find”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Lucky find”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Visiting son at college everywhere around full, thankgoodness as we got the chance to stay there for two nights. Huge room clean and simply dressed comfortable. Staff very professional and helpful breakfast is rubbish go to Lindys diner. I understand hotel has just been refurbished and there is more to be done restaurant next door ect so breakfast may improve. Keene and all its delights on your doorstep.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sharon638

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I had booked this hotel due to the nice reviews from trip advisor. The room was large and decorated nice. I was a little surprised when I took a shower later on in the evening to find two dirty used wash cloths in the shower. I dismissed this and thought someone missed these two wash cloths, one was hanging high across a bar attaching the shower glass to the wall, the other wash cloth was in the soap dish and matched the tile.

The next day we went sightseeing and didn't come back to the hotel until 10:00 pm to find our room had not been serviced. We called the front desk and they ran up fresh towels to our room and told us they were taking $ 25.00 off our room rate. I was a bit taken back by their lack of attention and started to look at the room's cleanliness. There was dust on the tables and desk. I have never stayed at a hotel that had this lack of service and thought. For a boutique hotel, I expect an even higher level of service than a standard hotel. I was extremly disappointed.

Did they have a bad day?

Room Tip: Facing the street was very noisey.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roy M
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised to find this little jewel tucked away just a few paces from the square in downtown Keene. Access to every amenity was within walking distance and I mean every amenity. The room was spotless, the furnishings were modern and almost luxurious. 14' high ceilings added to the charm and left us spellbound at our luck of finding this at all. We were too busy sleeping in to taste the breakfast. The little stroll down past the shops to the plaza was really relaxing the next morning.

• Stayed October 2011
Maitland, FL
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had a recent stay here while visiting some of the many family members I have in Keene. I had stayed previously so was anxious to see the renovations. It is very smart looking, up to date and modern. I do wish that some of the old was kept though. I actually shopped at the old 5 and dime that was in the building way back, as did my Mom. The decor now lacks that personal touch, and probably looks just like the Courtyard does. I think adding a few old photos of it's history, perhaps one in each room, would set this place apart from being just any hotel. That is just a personal thing for me. I have a B&B so like special touches! The light breakfast offering was just fine with us, but we weren't happy about having to buy juice, especially at the room price we paid. A juice pitcher put out along with small trays to bring things to your room would be a nice touch...JMHO! All in all a very nice small hotel. Staff was very friendly!

Room Tip: The front area can be very noisy with people on the street as well as emergency vehicles and sirens...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thurstonbb
New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Lane now has the same owners as the nearby Courtyard Marriott. When the Courtyard was fully booked this week, I moved to this hotel for one night. The rooms were huge, moderm, and very comfortable. The evening cocktail hour was a nice perk, and the morning coffee is strong and hearty. Sadly, I was only here for one night, but if my travels ever get me back in Keene, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Albany, NY
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We wanted to visit somewhere different this year for our anniversary getaway and found it when I caught a special on Travelzoo. The rave reviews for The Lane Hotel sealed the deal. The Bennington to Brattleboro VT road opened just in time for our trip. Pretty much a straight shot to Keene from Albany. We were welcomed by Justin at the front desk. He suggested we dine at The Stage and we weren't disappointed. The area around the hotel is lovely with shops, restaurants and pubs abound. If you're into beer drinking, there's quite a craft beer store and beer making facility just up the street from the hotel. Sunday morning we walked to Lindy's diner for breakfast and got some nice pictures. Can't say anything but good things about The Lane Hotel. It's newly renovated, inexpensive and in a pleasant area. Give it a try!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night. Very modern, excellent taste in decor, exquisite touches. Great beds with excellent pillows. The only hotel to stay in if you are visiting Keene, with an excellent coffee shop 25 yds away.

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#1 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!