“Great service, excellent drinks and good food!”

The Stage Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family run business, Chef owned and operated for 34 years
NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, excellent drinks and good food!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Waitress friendly, interested, and said right amounts without being chatty. Big sexy cockail delicious, bloody mary perfect amount of spicy. Enterees good and nice town to walk through back to mariott courtyard.

Keene, New Hampshire
“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visited this small, family owned restaurant because it was close to our hotel and were pleasently surprised. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere nice and the staff was great. Would definitely go and visit again!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Diana J
dublin
“Should be ranked #1”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I don't know why it has taken me so long to review the Stage. This has to be one of the best restaurants in Keene, NH. We have been frequenting this restaurant for 6 years. Our first visit was for Sunday brunch, while we were just getting accustom to the area. Since that time I have been to the Stage for lunch and dinner with a variety of people - family, friends, couples, and me and my husband. No one has ever been disappointed. My favorite time is Tuesday night for pasta night. They usually have a couple of specials as well. You are given a choice of most of the pasta dinners on the menu and it includes salad and dessert. Right now the price is $14 and well worth it. Last night my husband and I went and I had the shrimp special ($17) and he had his favorite pasta dish, Hell on Noodles. We have tried almost every pasta dish on the menu and they are all great. I have a friend who loves the grilled black diamond steak. It is the only thing she orders. I have had the veggie burger, the open flank steak sandwich, several other dishes over the years, and most of the pasta dishes, and NEVER disappointed. They take reservations weekdays, as long as you call by 5. You are ALWAYS greeted with a smile and as if you are a regular. Drinks are generous and the bar a great place to sit and wait or have your dinner. VERY CONSISTENT. Come to the Stage, you will love it.

• Visited October 2012
Keene, New Hampshire
“Discouraging”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went on a friday night and it took us over 2 hours for a shared appetizer and two entrees. Again, average food and disasterous service and not cheap!!

• Visited September 2012
ebenik, Owner at The Stage Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We are sorry to hear that your evening was not as wonderful as you had planned. Next time you are in the area, please stop in and introduce yourself and we will be happy to make it up to you!
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Small and quaint with pricey sandwiches”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Gormet sandwiches that are exceptionally tasty but I tend to want slightly lower lunch costs. When going to lunch with the ladies, it usually comes to $20-$25 range with a glass of wine and a sandwich. They do have some outside Bistro tablesas it is located ib the center of town but the car smells make this non-acceptable to me.

Visited August 2012
ebenik, Owner at The Stage Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your lunch at the Stage. Our price point for our wonderful sandwiches with hand cut fries is $9.50, add a glass of wine for $6. and you should be able to do lunch for $15.50 + tax. We do have a patio on Main St. for our guests that enjoy outdoor dining that will be open till mid October for the foliage season.

Been to The Stage Restaurant & Cafe? Share your experiences!