“Could have been better”

Dining options: Breakfast
Long Island
“Could have been better”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stopped here as my husband's family used to have a house in the area. Food was just ok. I had texas french toast that looked like it was taken out of a box and put on the grill. My husband had the sausage biscuit and gravy. It was cold when they served us. The coffee could have been better. It was not very good. I did not use the restroom but my husband did. Apparently someone had stolen the faucet handles and there were nails or screws that you had to use to turn on the water. He told me not to even go in there. Overall, I had expected a better experience as diners in NY are awesome. This one was not.

• Visited October 2012

Keene, New Hampshire
“Old Time Diner”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have lived in Keene (or the immediate area) all of my life. Lindy's has always been right there, the same place, the same food AND the same nice people. If you have never experience a diner from years ago, you need to try this one. These folks are great! While ownership may change, the place stays the same... This is a good thing!

While the train and bus stations have closed, which used to be across the street, the downtown Keene community continues to support them. If you go there for breakfast, lunch or dinner, there is always a crowd, but they move them through quickly. From the jukebox in the booths to the spinning stools at the counter, right down to the waitresses buzzing around quickly, Lindy's will take you back to a slower time where you look out the window expecting to see Andy and Barney standing on the corner talking to Aunt Bee...

Good Place! Great value... Give it a try...

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bryant A
Bennington, NH
“Cold and just plain bad.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went in the winter (November), we thought it was cold because the door opens right into the dining room. I kept my coat on for the whole meal. The service was reluctant at best and the food was cold and tasteless. We usually give a place 2-3 tries before we give up on it but this is a one and no return.

Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
“best pancakes I ever ate!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

quirky fun, old school diner. get there early it was packed at 10 am on a sunday. sticky bun not great, pancakes INCREDIBLE, and mac and cheese was incredible too! (yes, i ordered everything on the menu)

Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas
“The real deal.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Really good comfort food, friendly and efficient staff, great value.
But what makes this place so cool is the authentic diner surroundings- and each booth has its own jukebox.
Just off main street down Gilbo. You must go; one taste of the country gravy or blueberry pancakes and all your cares will melt away!

• Visited July 2012