“Pristine Inn At a Reasonable Price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene
Colony House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Keene B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Pristine Inn At a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved the Colony House Inn. The rooms are immaculate with old-fashioned looking -- but new -- bathrooms, the breakfasts are simple but delicious, the innkeeper is gracious and intelligent, and Keene is an interesting, pretty town. You are a short drive from some of the prettiest sights in New England. I'd return to the Colony House Inn in an instant.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Barbara M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Colony House while I had a business meeting in Keene.

I never met the owner. Was sort of left alone to fend for myself.

The place was clean and nice furnishings. As someone else said there is a stocked fridge so that was nice.

I would stay again if the need arose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kathy M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As others had mentioned, this is how B&B's should be. Very clean, excellent attention to the details. Nice rooms without tons of lace (cannot figure out why B&B's are addicted to lace). Nice breakfast. Friendly folks. Etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank woldage
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was a bit of 'Upstairs, Downstairs' to this lovely and lovingly restored home; a well-polished formality. A quiet that had weight to it. It is both elegant and absolutely comfortable. On the days that we stayed, we were the only guests, and the owner was away, so the house truly was ours to enjoy, and we did. There was a pretty living room with cushy sofas and lots of good magazines that I don't usually see, but really enjoy reading on occason, a sitting room with television, and a fine butler's pantry...beautifully restored, where there were drinks in the fridge. We were in good hands each morning for a buffet light breakfast in a beautiful kitchen bright with morning light. Upstairs, around the corner from the stair, I noticed a laundry room unlike any I have ever seen. There was an old fashioned linen press, and the sumptuous vintage linens that made the beds so lovely to sleep in, hung on pegs on the wall. Our room was very nice, well lit, with carefully restored windows that easily opened, and had a wonderful bathroom. The inn is located just two blocks from Main Street, but the nights were quiet. I wish that we had had the chance to meet the owner and creater of this exceptional place; I am sure she is as fascinating as the home she has created.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sallymcwally
Eaton Center, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My son was graduating from Keene state college, and our plans were to stay in Keene for the weekend. Being a flight attendant for 40 years I knew I did not want to stay in a motel/hotel! So I located this b&b in downtown Keene. Wow were we pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The lovely owner was pleasant and the beds and pillows were VERY comfortable!!!! She has a beautiful home and we felt at home. She serves a perfect breakfast. I could go on but this a 10!!!

Room Tip: Choose a good room? All four are delightful!!