“Attention to every detail...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene
Colony House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Keene B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was a bit of 'Upstairs, Downstairs' to this lovely and lovingly restored home; a well-polished formality. A quiet that had weight to it. It is both elegant and absolutely comfortable. On the days that we stayed, we were the only guests, and the owner was away, so the house truly was ours to enjoy, and we did. There was a pretty living room with cushy sofas and lots of good magazines that I don't usually see, but really enjoy reading on occason, a sitting room with television, and a fine butler's pantry...beautifully restored, where there were drinks in the fridge. We were in good hands each morning for a buffet light breakfast in a beautiful kitchen bright with morning light. Upstairs, around the corner from the stair, I noticed a laundry room unlike any I have ever seen. There was an old fashioned linen press, and the sumptuous vintage linens that made the beds so lovely to sleep in, hung on pegs on the wall. Our room was very nice, well lit, with carefully restored windows that easily opened, and had a wonderful bathroom. The inn is located just two blocks from Main Street, but the nights were quiet. I wish that we had had the chance to meet the owner and creater of this exceptional place; I am sure she is as fascinating as the home she has created.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sallymcwally

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My son was graduating from Keene state college, and our plans were to stay in Keene for the weekend. Being a flight attendant for 40 years I knew I did not want to stay in a motel/hotel! So I located this b&b in downtown Keene. Wow were we pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The lovely owner was pleasant and the beds and pillows were VERY comfortable!!!! She has a beautiful home and we felt at home. She serves a perfect breakfast. I could go on but this a 10!!!

Room Tip: Choose a good room? All four are delightful!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank smilysandy
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Joslin has developed a beautiful and inviting guesthouse in this historic property, and she takes great delight in sharing it with her guests. Colony House is a wonderful place to stay while visiting the area - I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a truly first class experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rmsdrex
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stopped there on my way to Boston by bike. My bedroom was great, the living room is perfect and the breakfast was delightful. Keene's beautiful central square is a couple of blocks away. And the host is very friendly.

Perfect spot if you bike around the region!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GuillaumeL3
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our first time in Keene and in the Colony house, it almost brought us back in time. Everthing was excellent so we extended our stay from 2 nights in to 6.

2  Thank Barb_d5
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Quiet elegance is the key to this wonderful property. Much thought has gone into making the Colony House a very desirable destination. Enjoy it all!

Room Tip: The rooms are all lovely/
3  Thank PeterBConcord
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay for a family wedding and received a recomendation for the Colony House. The room was very nice and the private bath (although across the hall) was beautiful. Robes in the room were a nice treat in a B&B. There were little candies in the room and quality bath products in the bathroom. Everything was very clean and well kept. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. It was a very convient location. A great find! I'll would certainly stay again!

1  Thank Julie S