“Awesome!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Litchfield, NH
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

We've stayed in the attached campground for the past 10 or so years every time we go to Jefferson, NH to visit Santa's Village and Six Gun City. The campground is the cleanest we've EVER seen (and we camp often). It is a warm and family frendly atmosphere.

This year we didn't camp but instead stayed at the motel. The rooms were clean (like the campground) and comfortable. Each has a mini fridge and microwave along with the usual motel "stuff".

The owners/management couldn't be any nicer. The people in the room below us (room 101 - we were in room 201) complained that we sounded like a "herd of elephants" when we came into our room in the evening. We, on the otherhand, take great precautions to be as quiet as possible - we even turned off our headlights before pulling our car in front of their room so as to not disturb them. The owner/manager tried everything in their power to relocate these impossible to please (their quote) people to another hotel, but they wouldn't budge. These people even threatened to call the managment ALL NIGHT LONG if there were any sounds. The next night we were LITERALLY tip toeing around the room. On the final day (and apparently their final day too) I was in the shower at about 8:00am and I heard these slight thuds apparently coming from the room below us. Everyone else was still sleeping so I was the only one who heard the thuds (along with the people in the room next to our room). I guess it was the "impossible to please" people who were retaliating for the apparrent "noise" the first night as they were checking out. These were not the brightest people since one must expect some noise when you're in a first floor room.

As I said earlier, the management couldn't have been nicer to us throughout the whole ordeal. They told us to not let it bother us and to enjoy our stay. They were aware of the fact that foot steps transmit through the floors into the lower rooms. They even wouldn't hear of it when we offered to move to another room.

• Liked — Cleanliness And Walking Distance To Santa's Village - short drive to Six Gun City
  • Disliked — The people in room 101 below us who couldn't understand the concept of sound traveling through a floor when walking on it from above.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank KBTM

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

My 7 year old grandaughter and I stayed at the Lantern overnight as we were visiting Santa's Village. This motel is wonderful. The staff were so friendly and check in was fast. The pools were clean and heated. The hot tub was comforting after a full day at Santa's Village. You have to check out the pool with the underwater music. At night we attended the Christmas sing along with Mrs. Claus and that was fun. The playground was nice and the area was clean. The goats and sheep were fun to pet. There is an arcade on the property, it's small, but fine for a 7 year old. We had to drive about 7 miles to get a pizza but it was no big deal. Great place to stay. I only wished we could have stayed here longer. My grandaughter can't wait to go back again next year. I feel the same way. Great memories. And the convenience store on the property had coffee, and cereal and milk and suited my needs perfectly.

• Liked — The pools and hot tub
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Angel81749
New Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2006

We just stayed one night at the motel, but would have loved to stay longer. It's within walking distance of Santas Village and has a great playground, two pools and a petting zoo. Perfect for our two boys, ages 2 & 4! They even got to have a hay ride just before bedftime! We had asked for an early check-in so the two year old could nap, but this didn't work out since the people before us didn't want to leave either! My only regret was that we didn't book more time. It's very clean, has everything you want in a motel, great scenery and good price.

2 Thank bugaboomom
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2006

We just got back from a four day stay at the Lantern Resort. We stayed in the motel for three nights. It was my husband and I and two kids. We really had a great experience. The room was basic but clean. The staff were very friendly and we had everything we needed. There were many activities for the kids to enjoy such as bedtime stories, campfire smores, hayride every night and candybar bingo! They have two nice pools that we all enjoyed. You can see Santa's Village from the motel and Six Gun City is down the street. Not much else around the area though! We will go back next year and maybe stay in one of the Deluxe Trailors for a change.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2006

We were initially booked at the motel but when we arrived the motel was booked and they asked us if we would like to stay in the deluxe trailer instead. Although I was reluctant it ended up being great. The motel rooms are older and basic but the trailer was brand new and very comfortable, kitchen 2 bedrooms, bath, livingroom with tv/dvd/vcr. I was traveling with my 8 year old daughter and 3 neices(age 7,8,9) and they loved the trailer, the nighttime campfire, 2 heated pools and the activities-sing along, storytime, hayride, bingo etc. There is a small petting zoo with a calf, sheep and goats and the kids loved getting up in the morning and feeding the animals in their pajamas. I am not a camper or trailer "person" but I would have to say we had a great time and the kids loved it and always ask when we are going back to the deluxe trailer.

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank avaheh
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2005

I stayed at this motel for 2 nights with my husband and 2 year old son. The website boasted sparking clean rooms and an environment conducive to families with small children. Actually, the motel is in desperate need of renovation, and as far as I can see, is staffed and run only by teenage girls.

Check-in was fine and relatively quick, although we were overcharged at check-in (the overcharge was reversed the next day when the error was discovered). Our first impression of the room was that it was full of flies (although there was a handy flyswatter in the room so we could take care of this problem ourselves). Upon closer inspection, the bedspreads were stained (we reported this to the front desk, but despite the promise of new bedding, none was ever delivered), the walls needed to be painted, and the room smelled of urine whenever we turned off the air conditioning unit (even though it was cold out and we didn't really need air conditioning).

The room was small and the set up was not functional. There was a small table by the window to eat at, although the table and chairs were so rickety that I hesitated to let my son use them. The bathroom contained only a tub and a toilet- the mirror and sink were across a small hallway from the bathroom. The first night we were there the light burned out in the bathroom ceiling fixture. Since there was no window in the bathroom, we had to keep the bathroom door open for showers, etc. When we reported the problem to the front desk, they handed my husband a lightbulb. He had to climb up on the tub to replace the lightbulb himself. The only redeeming quality about the room was the shower- the water pressure and temperature were great.

In back of the motel, there is a campground where people park their RVs, a playground, pool and small pen with sheep and goats. (I was actually envious of the people staying in RVs that didn't have to go inside the building). The playground is dangerous for small children. The slides and other fixtures looked at least 30 years old and were too steep for children under 5. We did not make use of the pool or hottub while we were there.

The location of this motel (and of Jefferson in general) is extremely remote. While it is within walking distance of Santa's Village, there are no places nearby to eat, shop or even grab an ice cream cone. The motel boasts a small convenience store that is open for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Be prepared to drive quite a distance to a neighboring town to find groceries and other essentials.

9 Thank diane415
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Cabot Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 5 in Littleton
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground? Share your experiences!