“A totally unexpected delight”
Review of The WaterWheel

The WaterWheel
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are known for our more than adequate portions at a very reasonable price. Our more popular menu choices include pancakes as big a dinner plate and Omelets made with 6 eggs. Along with a variety of New England made products we have maple syrup, 12 varieties of fudge, and whoopie pies in our Gift Shop.
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“A totally unexpected delight”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Mountain View Grand Resort and were going over to Jefferson to do a little genealogy research. We decided to skip breakfast at the resort and just get going, with the thought of grabbing a quick bite at something local in Jefferson. We used the Resort's recommendation of one of two breakfast offerings in Jefferson and chose the Waterwheel because the review said it was a "gem". We were not disappointed!
It was delightful. Our waitress was extremely friendly. The gift shop area was fun to poke through, finding a few treasures.
The waitress recommended the sinful french toast, which was a giant cinnamon bun cut in half and dredged in french toast batter. It was spectacular! And served with their own maple syrup, made on site!! My husband had the "Madison" breakfast which was huge (the Washington was even bigger!) He had two huge, as in plate size, blueberry pancakes that were the best pancakes ever. His meal also included two eggs, sausage, toast or muffin, etc. It was a good value. We did not leave hungry. The owners, Kevin and Tricia, were onsite and we enjoyed a pleasant visit.
It is a must stop if you are in the area visiting Santa's Village or Six Gun City.
We will definitely return .

• Visited January 2012

East Taunton
“We returned for a second day's breakfast”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This place was quite a find. It's very clean, cute and the food is delicious. The portions are huge and my granddaughter, who never finishes her meal, practically licked her plate. She got the silver dollar pancakes with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. I got the veggie omelet. I could not finish it, even though I wanted to. The staff is exceeding pleasant and kind. There's an adorable gift shop in the back of the restaurant, while you wait for a table. We liked it so much that we returned the next day for another delicious breakfast. If I had 5 thumbs, I'd give it 5 thumbs up. Excellent.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Awesome Food & Friendly Service”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Sometimes, you have to wait. Sometimes, the wait is justified. This is that kind of place. Fantastic food and very friendly service in an interesting environment. Very popular with the locals. The usual fare for breakfast with very few surprises but just great tasting food. If you happen to hit it right, you may not have to wait in line. Give it a try if you're up for a great meal.

1 Thank Busteron
Nashua, New Hampshire
“An Oasis”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

It's very often that you come across the rave reviews attributed to the eating joints that you encounter in the country side. I personally have felt that most part of it goes to their old style existence and a look that we have been distanced from, living in the cities.
This place is just different and being a connoisseur of food I only have superlatives to attribute you with and by doing so I have my head go in affirmation to many of the reviews that you have seen so far.
Adequately portioned, rightly priced and absolutely delicious offerings(especially Pancakes), you guys are worth every second that we have to fret and wait for. As I have titled this review - It tell it's all. God Bless and last long.

Leominster, Massachusetts
“Excellent breakfast!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stopped here for breakfast on the way to Santas Village. After a terrible breakfast experience the day before the Waterwheel was like heaven for us. The staff is very friendly and the food came out very fast. Watiress was excellent with my 3 year old daughter. The food was great the pancakes are very large and the portions are very generous. The prices are great!! Would go back here on a trip to White Mountains any time!! There is also a cute gift shop as well.