“Nice Place For a Quiet Get-a-Way”
Review of Monadnock Inn

Monadnock Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
New Port Richey, Florida
“Nice Place For a Quiet Get-a-Way”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed here overnight as I was doing a comedy show nearby. The outside is very pretty and invites you in. It has a pub to the left as you walk in and a restaurant to the right. Straight ahead is the check in desk - Each room has its own name and different decor - some of the rooms are on the small side, but I dont think this is a place you are going to be sitting in your room for the visit - you will be visiting and doing things nearby. There are no tv's, no cell reception and limited internet, so you will not be catching up on any of that here....just rest and relax. Staff was very nice and friendly - helping me find my glasses out in the parking lot at night with a flashlight! The food is OUTSTANDING! - I would stay there again if i wanted a break, or passing thru town

Room Tip: Just remember some of the rooms are on the small side and walls are not real thick, so you will hear...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank karen f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our get away weekend at the Inn. It feels like going to an Inn in upstate Vermont or rural Maine but conveniently located right in Jaffrey! Old school charm and all. The keepers were very accommodating and personable. I don't feel the prices were steep but I don't feel great about them either given the room we stayed in. Either way we enjoyed our stay very much and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Townsend, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I just had my wedding at the Inn and could not be more happier about the inn keepers, the accommodations and the food! The rooms were as expected, a cozy room with with large bathroom, but the food and staff were EXCELLENT! The reception was at the Inn and in the Barn, it was simply perfect! We stayed in the Denis Suite and it was great.

I would recommend anyone to stay and eat at the Monadnock Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
manhattan
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Monadnock Inn over Columbus Day Weekend. It is prime foliage season up in this part of New England and the Inn was busy. This is a true inn...In the sense that there is a full scale restaurant and bar.
We checked in around 10 PM and thought it would be great to have a nightcap at the bar. We sat and had a couple of really great glasses of Scotch, and had a lovely chat with Max, who is half of the brother/sister team who owns this establishment. He runs the front of the house with grace and ease. Noelle, his sister appeared later after finishing up her last of her evening duties in the kitchen. She is the chef, and runs her kitchen with great aplomb and authority. The Monadnock Inn caters all kinds of events and functions on and off premises. Impressive!
The included breakfast they offer was great. It was not the normal individual portioned out cereals, bad baked goods, etc....The Monadnock Inn offers a la carte cooked breakfast to order and the presentations were lovely and delicious.
Our daughter goes to a nearby boarding school and The Monadnock is definitely going to be our go to place to stay now.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice old place with extremely nice bar staff who provided great if not a bit spendy food and good variety of wine. (No draught beer) The stairs are steep and rooms we had very noisy due to traffic noise right outside the window. Expect better for $160 and $130 a night for the double rooms we stayed in. Shower in $160 room was lame. Overall a very nice place but much better values close by if $$ is the driver.

• Stayed October 2013
riceflan
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This INN has one of the most sophisticated, up-scale restaurants in the area. The food is absolutely divine and prepared in a creative, wonderful fashion. The webpage says: "...the Inn's menu brings bistro elegance to country fare, with a wine list to match this range." and it is totally true. I have never stayed overnight so I am not sure about the rooms but the restaurant is where we go when we want an elegant, delicious, beautifully prepared, extra-special dining experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beautiful area the Inn is nice looking from the outside extremely dated on the inside. I know this is a historic building but there is a way with keeping in character owithout looking cheap. All the plants are fake and dusty. The rooms were clean looking but smelled dusty and of the last guest. We took all the covers off the bed and it still didn't help. Toilet took forever to flush so I peaked into the tank and found a plastic jug to conserve water which would make sense if we were not on the 3rd floor maybe not I'm not a plumber.
Lets get to the food. Food was pretty good but they made us sit at a small crappy table across from the kitchen. Basically we felt we were a inconvienance because we did not make a reservation even though when we checked in we asked for one. In house guests are a second thought and we defiantly shouldn't be at the price of the rooms. Would not return to stay or eat I work to hard for my money to give it to ungrateful people.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Naf1004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 4 in Jaffrey
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough

Been to Monadnock Inn? Share your experiences!