“Outstanding Hostess in Quiet Woods of New Hampshire” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Currier's House Bed and Breakfast

Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaffrey
Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Outstanding Hostess in Quiet Woods of New Hampshire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We loved Currier's House during several stays a few years back. Quite special to stay in this truly historic home, and be welcomed by a hostess who is not only warm and helpful, but offers one great breakfast. When I was on my own, I felt entirely at ease with the other guests, and when I came with my family and took all three rooms, we felt as if Currier House was our own. We sat on the back porch and just absorbed the quiet surroundings. On a walk down the road a neighbor invited us in to view her paintings of the New Hampshire woods in winter, and we felt easily welcomed and part of the community. What a lovely village. We appreciated that fine dining was just across the road at Jaffrey House — a somewhat tonier establishment — but we were always glad to return to our familiar and relaxed lodging at Currier's House. I would be glad to stay again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ocnprk36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lincolnville, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews here on this site, I was a bit apprehensive, However, as soon as I entered the Currier House I was greeted warmly and felt as though I had just come home from a long trip. Nancy, the Inn's Keeper and owner is a very caring person that goes out of her way to make sure your stay is special. The place is VERY clean and welcoming and breakfast in simply awesome! If you decide to make the Currier House your destination for lodging you too will leave for home with feelings that you need to one day return. Thank you Nancy!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank TravelBug111661
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

if you're hiking up mt. monadnock, this is the ideal retreat for afterwards. we stayed for 1 day and 1 night and found it to be the quintessential, bed & breakfast experience that folks look for in new england. after a long day of hiking, we were greeted by nancy, the owner, and her friendly dog max. the house has 3 bedrooms, and we stayed in the largest with an en-suite bathroom. it was clean, spacious, well-decorated and warm. nancy was knowledgeable about the town, hiking, the history, new hampshire and traveling new england in general. she suggested a fine pub for dining, just down the road at the monadnock inn, and served us tea and ginger snaps afterwards in front of a roaring fireplace. when i asked for "the usual country fare for breakfast please," she responded with good pancakes, sausages and fresh-squeezed tangerine juice (nice coffee too). she was a most excellent hostess without being intrusive. we appreciated her hospitality and highly recommend this 100+ year-old home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonGoyo78
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Booked the room a month in advance. My sister and I arrived at 5:30 p.m. the door was locked and no answer at the door. We left a note with our cell phone numbers at the door explaining that we had gone to dinner and that she should call us when she got back. I called her twice and left messages on the machine. By 7:30 I still heard nothing from her so I found a room at another B&B. She called me at 9:40 p.m., she said that she had been expecting us but she went out and lost track of time.

Stayed June 2009
1 Thank hiker75
Bradford, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

My husband and I drove more than 8 hours on the 3rd - 4th of July for a wedding in Rindge the following day and arrived to find that Nancy had "forgotten" that she had rented the room to someone else. She called my husband twice in one evening the previous week to confirm our reservation and to give him a confirmation number. I also spoke to a lady who was helping answer the phone and she took our information, checked with Nancy, and then in another call, took our credit card information and confirmed that the room was ours. I had previously made reservations at a hotel in Peterborough but we decided we wanted to stay closer to the wedding site. Before booking the room at the Currier's House, I made sure that I could cancel the other room with no penalty, then I called back to the Currier's House and booked there. I spent a great deal of time researching the area and the lodging so to arrive on a holiday weekend after a long drive and to be told we did not have a room was not a pleasant experience. We knew that Nancy had broken her ankle/leg sometime before we first called and had to have surgery a few days before we arrived, but there is no excuse for not calling us before we left home. She did tell us that a room was available at another local B&B (I had looked into this other one and chosen not to stay there). She also offered to make phone calls to find us another room but we were in no mood to stand around making phone calls at that time. It was even worse because we did not have cell service in Jaffrey or Rindge. There was no attempt to contact us before we arrived. Unbelievable - not even an apology!

• Disliked — We did not have a room as promised.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cat-blueangel
western new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed at the Currier's House for 3 nights. It is a cottage type 100 year old home nicely decorated keeping with the time period. Downstairs common areas are roomy and comfortable. Upstairs has lower ceilings - 2 of the upstairs bedrooms and baths are small but comfortable. The 3rd room is the largest as the advertisement states. Nancy was a good hostess with lots of information to share on the area. I'd recommend it to others.

• Liked — comfortable feel of the place
  • Disliked — would have liked additional towels - probably should have asked for them
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ppzm
Danbury, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

My mom and I were attending a wedding in nearby Rindge for the weekend (the Woodbound Inn had horrible reviews...so I was looking for an alternative). The Currier's Inn was simply wonderful. We stayed in the Sunny Room which was very clean, warm and comfortable. Although all the bedrooms are on the top floor, I didn't hear a peep all night (or day for that matter) and it was FULL house. Not even people walking up and down the stairs. Our host Nancy gave us a ton of information about the area and she cooked a lovely breakfast each morning of our weekend stay. The Sunday breakfast was the best with belgian waffles, warmed apples, bacon, etc. My only concern at first was her dog Max (who is one of those poodle mix breeds). I have a strong allergy to dogs and when I first saw him I thought, "oh no!" But, I was fine for the entire weekend. In fact, I ended up snuggling with the little guy and never even experienced a sniffle. Overall my mom and really enjoyed our stay. I'm planning on going back with my husband soon so we can climb Mt. Monadnock (just a few minutes up the road). If you are in the area...this is the place to stay! LOVED IT!

• Liked — Clean, comfortable & bright
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank csturm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
Benjamin Prescott Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough
Birchwood Inn
Birchwood Inn
#1 of 1 in Temple

Been to Currier's House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!