“The ideal retreat: welcoming hostess and fireplace, clean, spacious and attractive fare”

Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaffrey
Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 29, 2009

if you're hiking up mt. monadnock, this is the ideal retreat for afterwards. we stayed for 1 day and 1 night and found it to be the quintessential, bed & breakfast experience that folks look for in new england. after a long day of hiking, we were greeted by nancy, the owner, and her friendly dog max. the house has 3 bedrooms, and we stayed in the largest with an en-suite bathroom. it was clean, spacious, well-decorated and warm. nancy was knowledgeable about the town, hiking, the history, new hampshire and traveling new england in general. she suggested a fine pub for dining, just down the road at the monadnock inn, and served us tea and ginger snaps afterwards in front of a roaring fireplace. when i asked for "the usual country fare for breakfast please," she responded with good pancakes, sausages and fresh-squeezed tangerine juice (nice coffee too). she was a most excellent hostess without being intrusive. we appreciated her hospitality and highly recommend this 100+ year-old home.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonGoyo78

Reviewed June 21, 2009

Booked the room a month in advance. My sister and I arrived at 5:30 p.m. the door was locked and no answer at the door. We left a note with our cell phone numbers at the door explaining that we had gone to dinner and that she should call us when she got back. I called her twice and left messages on the machine. By 7:30 I still heard nothing from her so I found a room at another B&B. She called me at 9:40 p.m., she said that she had been expecting us but she went out and lost track of time.

Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank hiker75
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My husband and I drove more than 8 hours on the 3rd - 4th of July for a wedding in Rindge the following day and arrived to find that Nancy had "forgotten" that she had rented the room to someone else. She called my husband twice in one evening the previous week to confirm our reservation and to give him a confirmation number. I also spoke to a lady who was helping answer the phone and she took our information, checked with Nancy, and then in another call, took our credit card information and confirmed that the room was ours. I had previously made reservations at a hotel in Peterborough but we decided we wanted to stay closer to the wedding site. Before booking the room at the Currier's House, I made sure that I could cancel the other room with no penalty, then I called back to the Currier's House and booked there. I spent a great deal of time researching the area and the lodging so to arrive on a holiday weekend after a long drive and to be told we did not have a room was not a pleasant experience. We knew that Nancy had broken her ankle/leg sometime before we first called and had to have surgery a few days before we arrived, but there is no excuse for not calling us before we left home. She did tell us that a room was available at another local B&B (I had looked into this other one and chosen not to stay there). She also offered to make phone calls to find us another room but we were in no mood to stand around making phone calls at that time. It was even worse because we did not have cell service in Jaffrey or Rindge. There was no attempt to contact us before we arrived. Unbelievable - not even an apology!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cat-blueangel
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed at the Currier's House for 3 nights. It is a cottage type 100 year old home nicely decorated keeping with the time period. Downstairs common areas are roomy and comfortable. Upstairs has lower ceilings - 2 of the upstairs bedrooms and baths are small but comfortable. The 3rd room is the largest as the advertisement states. Nancy was a good hostess with lots of information to share on the area. I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ppzm
Reviewed October 18, 2007

My mom and I were attending a wedding in nearby Rindge for the weekend (the Woodbound Inn had horrible reviews...so I was looking for an alternative). The Currier's Inn was simply wonderful. We stayed in the Sunny Room which was very clean, warm and comfortable. Although all the bedrooms are on the top floor, I didn't hear a peep all night (or day for that matter) and it was FULL house. Not even people walking up and down the stairs. Our host Nancy gave us a ton of information about the area and she cooked a lovely breakfast each morning of our weekend stay. The Sunday breakfast was the best with belgian waffles, warmed apples, bacon, etc. My only concern at first was her dog Max (who is one of those poodle mix breeds). I have a strong allergy to dogs and when I first saw him I thought, "oh no!" But, I was fine for the entire weekend. In fact, I ended up snuggling with the little guy and never even experienced a sniffle. Overall my mom and really enjoyed our stay. I'm planning on going back with my husband soon so we can climb Mt. Monadnock (just a few minutes up the road). If you are in the area...this is the place to stay! LOVED IT!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank csturm
Reviewed May 15, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Currier's House Bed and Breakfast in August 2004 for a long weekend. We had a wonderful time. We got there early evening. Nancy was there to greet us and get us settled into our room. We stayed in the "Sunny Room", which was the largest of the 3. It has a comfortable queen bed and a private bath. The room is bright, has nice antiques and gorgeous original floors. Once we upnpacked, we went for a short walk down the back of her street. Very quiet and peaceful.

Saturday morning we had a wonderful breakfast. Nancy makes the best banana nut muffins! I need to get the recipe. After breakfast we relaxed with coffee and tea on the back porch. It was a bright and sunny morning so you could see the marvelous view the porch has of Mount Monadnock. It was so relaxing and a great way to start the day. We went sightseeing and antique shopping afterwards.

We got home late that night but Nancy asked us if we needed anything. We had a restful sleep as we had the windows open and had a nice cool breeze came through the room.

Sunday, Nancy made us delectable, blueberry pancakes. She still had some banana nut muffins left too! Sunday there was a cool rain, so we didn't sit on the porch.

We stayed until Monday morning. Again it was raining, so no good views of the mountain. But it was a very pleasant stay. Nancy made us feel welcome, yet at the same time, gave us space. Perfect when staying at a B&B. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2004
3  Thank L1

Been to Currier's House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!