“Friendly and extremely helpful.”

Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaffrey
Currier's House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Ms. Nancy Lloyd went out of her way to be helpful to us, even buying something for my wife when she was in town. I picked some wild blueberries on a nearby mountain, which Nancy used to make pancakes the following morning. She also took time to explain a scenic jogging route. We stayed in the Sunny Room, which is much larger than the others and only costs a tiny bit more, and is an excellent value for the price. A full breakfast was served each morning, and was always different. While my wife and I were driving only a few miles away, we saw a black bear in the middle of the road. We definitely plan to stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: The Sunny Room is by far the best deal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We loved Currier's House during several stays a few years back. Quite special to stay in this truly historic home, and be welcomed by a hostess who is not only warm and helpful, but offers one great breakfast. When I was on my own, I felt entirely at ease with the other guests, and when I came with my family and took all three rooms, we felt as if Currier House was our own. We sat on the back porch and just absorbed the quiet surroundings. On a walk down the road a neighbor invited us in to view her paintings of the New Hampshire woods in winter, and we felt easily welcomed and part of the community. What a lovely village. We appreciated that fine dining was just across the road at Jaffrey House — a somewhat tonier establishment — but we were always glad to return to our familiar and relaxed lodging at Currier's House. I would be glad to stay again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ocnprk36
Reviewed June 19, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews here on this site, I was a bit apprehensive, However, as soon as I entered the Currier House I was greeted warmly and felt as though I had just come home from a long trip. Nancy, the Inn's Keeper and owner is a very caring person that goes out of her way to make sure your stay is special. The place is VERY clean and welcoming and breakfast in simply awesome! If you decide to make the Currier House your destination for lodging you too will leave for home with feelings that you need to one day return. Thank you Nancy!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelBug111661
Reviewed November 29, 2009

if you're hiking up mt. monadnock, this is the ideal retreat for afterwards. we stayed for 1 day and 1 night and found it to be the quintessential, bed & breakfast experience that folks look for in new england. after a long day of hiking, we were greeted by nancy, the owner, and her friendly dog max. the house has 3 bedrooms, and we stayed in the largest with an en-suite bathroom. it was clean, spacious, well-decorated and warm. nancy was knowledgeable about the town, hiking, the history, new hampshire and traveling new england in general. she suggested a fine pub for dining, just down the road at the monadnock inn, and served us tea and ginger snaps afterwards in front of a roaring fireplace. when i asked for "the usual country fare for breakfast please," she responded with good pancakes, sausages and fresh-squeezed tangerine juice (nice coffee too). she was a most excellent hostess without being intrusive. we appreciated her hospitality and highly recommend this 100+ year-old home.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonGoyo78
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Booked the room a month in advance. My sister and I arrived at 5:30 p.m. the door was locked and no answer at the door. We left a note with our cell phone numbers at the door explaining that we had gone to dinner and that she should call us when she got back. I called her twice and left messages on the machine. By 7:30 I still heard nothing from her so I found a room at another B&B. She called me at 9:40 p.m., she said that she had been expecting us but she went out and lost track of time.

Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank hiker75
Reviewed July 9, 2008

My husband and I drove more than 8 hours on the 3rd - 4th of July for a wedding in Rindge the following day and arrived to find that Nancy had "forgotten" that she had rented the room to someone else. She called my husband twice in one evening the previous week to confirm our reservation and to give him a confirmation number. I also spoke to a lady who was helping answer the phone and she took our information, checked with Nancy, and then in another call, took our credit card information and confirmed that the room was ours. I had previously made reservations at a hotel in Peterborough but we decided we wanted to stay closer to the wedding site. Before booking the room at the Currier's House, I made sure that I could cancel the other room with no penalty, then I called back to the Currier's House and booked there. I spent a great deal of time researching the area and the lodging so to arrive on a holiday weekend after a long drive and to be told we did not have a room was not a pleasant experience. We knew that Nancy had broken her ankle/leg sometime before we first called and had to have surgery a few days before we arrived, but there is no excuse for not calling us before we left home. She did tell us that a room was available at another local B&B (I had looked into this other one and chosen not to stay there). She also offered to make phone calls to find us another room but we were in no mood to stand around making phone calls at that time. It was even worse because we did not have cell service in Jaffrey or Rindge. There was no attempt to contact us before we arrived. Unbelievable - not even an apology!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cat-blueangel
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed at the Currier's House for 3 nights. It is a cottage type 100 year old home nicely decorated keeping with the time period. Downstairs common areas are roomy and comfortable. Upstairs has lower ceilings - 2 of the upstairs bedrooms and baths are small but comfortable. The 3rd room is the largest as the advertisement states. Nancy was a good hostess with lots of information to share on the area. I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ppzm

Been to Currier's House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!