“Made our wedding A DREAM! Delicious doesn't do it justice!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand View Estate

The Grand View Estate
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaffrey
The Grand View Estate
Ranked #3 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Made our wedding A DREAM! Delicious doesn't do it justice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Our wedding was this past New Years Eve [2009] and OH MY!
Kelly, Scott & everyone on staff were AMAZING!
Yes-the food was delicious, exactly what I wanted [& I was specific & a pain-:)]
& the guest RAVED. I mean RAVED!
But it was the atmosphere that truly made the evening....
Kelly & Scott were professional, flexible, honest, had a great sense of humor
& I wish I could get married there again NEXT New Years Eve. Seriously!
Did I mention how much guest RAVED about the food, but also EVERYTHING.
I love The Grandview and everyone who brings it to life.
I don't see the hotel OR spa here, but I took advantage of both & WOW!
The hotel was cozy, warm & perfect for a winter wedding.
The spa was the perfect spot to relax pre-ceremony.
As a New Yorker for the past 13 years, I can say with absolute confidence that if The Grandview plopped down into the middle of Manhattan, they would give restaurants, hotels & spas a run for their money. MOST of the establishments here wouldn't even be competition for Kelly & her team. Then again, if The Grandview were here in NYC, it wouldn't have the GORGEOUS views of Mt. Monadnock.
I realize that I'm laying it on thick,
but I mean EVERY single word.
If I could leave my phone# or email, I would do it.
Love you guys!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
CONNECTICUT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband took me here for my 40th birthday. It was a wonderful weekend...the view was stunning and the room was lovely. The food was plentiful and delicious. We plan a return visit...when we can get away without children, as this is a romantic place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

For Valentine's Day this year, I wanted to do something very special, so I looked at the Grand View Inn. I have been here several times in the past and have always had a great experience. This special weekend topped them all.

Grand View ran a special Valentine's Day weekend package. $300 got us the room, continental breakfast, dinner at their on-site restaurant Churchills, champagne in our room, a silver necklace and a 30 minute massage for two. This also included tax and gratuity.

We were greeted very warmly and shown to our room. The rooms are located in an old country mansion that feels like home, especially since we have been here so often. We were in room 6, the Wheeler Room, which is my favorite. It is isolated, on the third floor. The decorations remind me of a beach cottage on the Cape.

Dinner was beyond fantastic. I had risotto, a strawberry and field greens salad, filet mignon and creme brulee. I loved every aspect of dinner.

Back at the house, there was plenty to do in the evening. We played pool and board games and then retired to bed. During the evening, the owners even stopped by to make sure everything was okay.

The breakfast was somewhat disappointing in the morning. We got down to the kitchen with an hour to go until the end of breakfast and there was hardly anything left for us to eat. Breakfast was typical continental with cereal, pastry, oatmeal and toast. Some bagels and croissants would have been a nice addition.

Then we headed to the spa for our massages. I was able to steam and sauna while I waited my turn and had another nice chat with the owner.

All in all, this is always a great place to stay and I will always recommend it to friends and family. Scott and Kelly are invested in their inn and it shows. I have always found them to be pleasant and eager to please. I can't wait to plan my next trip!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

For a unique experience in fine dining you should take the time to visit Churchill's at The Grand View Inn & Resort. The cuisine is excellent! The waitstaff is friendly, upbeat, and extremely courteous and Chef always comes out for a meet and greet with the guests. The restaurant with it's rustic appearance, go hand in hand with the New England Vibe and the place settings are elegant with a romantic glow. This is a great place to start or rekindle a romance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
mass
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

the room was great, the service and food was amazing. but i come back from a day trip to find a man rushing out of my room, and my computer gone threw with pictures of me in my bathing suit open on the screen! if it wasn't for that total violation, then it would have been a perfect trip!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kityboop
scottmitchell, Owner at The Grand View Estate, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
My concern with your accusations are that if you found your computer tampered with directly after you saw the gentleman leave the room, why did you not bring it to his or someone’s attention during your dinner service seeing as he was your server? If you were so violated I would think you wouldn’t have had an appetite. If you found that your computer was tampered with after dinner, why did you not bring it to anyone’s attention then? I would think if you felt violated you would not be comfortable enough to spend the night at the Inn. If you found your computer to be tampered with the next morning, this leaves a window of opportunity for anyone to have tampered with it. I find it convenient that your feelings of violation came upon check out time.
Our intentions are to provide a comfortable atmosphere with the highest quality products and services. The fact that you enjoyed your dinner and stayed until the maximum check out time, reveals that your feelings of violation only came upon payment. The compensation of money off your room would only admit to guilt for something we can prove we did not do. We take pride in our business and we hold our guests’ privacy in the highest regards.

Travelers are raving about these Jaffrey hotels

New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed here with family and loved it. The staff was attentive and nice, the food at Churchhill's was great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

stayed here over the weekend. Beautiful old building with plenty of common spaces on first floor. The main inn is 100x nicer than the small side cottage which has zero of the inns charm. If you stay here I recommend staying in one of the rooms in the main building. Views of the property are all nice, breakfast was just so so (coffee, tea, toast, boxed cereals). Pool table and projection tv in basement was fun. No TVs in the room but we didnt mind...nice area for those who enjoy the outdoors hiking around , not much in Jaffrey but nearby peterboro has more ...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
No photo provided
Monadnock Inn
Monadnock Inn
#2 of 4 in Jaffrey
Little River Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Grand View Estate? Share your experiences!