“Jaffrey's best”

Sunflowers Cafe & Catering
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Jaffrey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve an eclectic mix of American and some European dishes and specials that strike our taste buds as well as comfort foods, homemade soups and a wide variety of fresh and creative salads. Our desserts include our renowned coconut almond cream pie as well as apple, pear & fig crisp and crème brulee. A full bar is available and we carry local Granite Roots beers as well. Catering for events large and small is also offered.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Small, friendly and wonderful American food. Try the lamb chops, they are fantastic. Lunch is fun since we usually know ever one in the restaurant. Caroyn, the owner is wonderful, and so hard working. On the walls she displays local artist's work, she helps the community tremendously and is just a joy. I am not sure what the Monadnock region would do without her. Fabulous caterer too!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stopped here on the Friday after Thanksgiving for lunch. They opened at 11:00am and we were there at 11:05am. My party of three were literally the only ones in the cafe until noon. I know the time specifically because that is how long it took for us to get our food. We ordered two paninis and one burger. It took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. I would understand a long wait if it was busy but we were the ONLY people in the restaurant. There is an open kitchen area in the dining room where the two less than motivated cooks were working, in street clothes. It wasn't until the owner showed up that they decided to put on their chef coats. The burger was great but the paninis left a bit to be desired. The chicken was dried out and there was barely a speck of asiago cheese/pest on the ciabatta roll. Our waitress was less than attentive and could have probably helped hurry things along a little bit had she been more concerned with our wait. Based on the poor service and mediocre food, not so sure we will be returning for lunch. Maybe dinner service is better....

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I agreed Sunflowers was our favorite restaurant of our two-week New England trip. We enjoyed it so much, we ate here twice. What made it so good? First of all, very friendly staff who made us feel welcome. The food was, quite simply, delicious. We had the crab cake appetizer, farmhouse salad, and salmon entrees all of which were outstanding. On Sunday evenings, they have live music which we enjoyed. The restaurant is popular so it's best to call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Upon arrival in Jaffrey, my wife and I looked for a restaurant that we might visit after checking into the Benjamin Prescott Inn; we saw the Sunflower but were not very impressed by its appearance. Our hosts at the B&B told us about the Sunflower when we asked them for suggestions so we decided to try it. We are so glad that we did have dinner there. Food is wonderful! Service is top notch. Menu was creative and quite extensive -- and reasonable. We will want to go back for another visit!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went here for lunch recently and was not impressed overall. I ordered their NH salad and although it was decent tasting,it was small, and for $12 I expect a large salad, or else it better be full of local organic veggies. It was supposed to come with a roll, which never came. Our waitress was anything but attentive, so I didn't get a chance to ask about the roll before the salad was gone. I've been here before and had better food and service, so perhaps it was an off day. However, I won't hurry back.