“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - A MUST”

Benjamin Prescott Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Jaffrey B&B and Inns
Vermont
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - A MUST”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My experience staying at the Benjamin Prescott Inn (BPI) was the most positive, relaxing and comfortable stay that I have ever experienced at a B&B. The warmth and friendly staff made this one of my favorite places to visit. I would highly recommend it to be added to the itinerary if anyone is planning an overnight trip in New England.

The room accommodations, furniture, decorative authentic colonial style and private facilities were comfortable and contributed to the charming and peaceful atmosphere that is felt the moment you walk in.

We had a full breakfast in the morning with homemade quiche, fresh fruit and muffins, juice, coffee and tea. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and meeting other guests.
We also enjoyed talking with the hosts who were very friendly, courteous and informative about the history of the Inn and the Jaffrey NH area.

We had a very busy day planned for this visit, but we hope to visit the Inn again soon. I would enjoy revisiting when time would allow for just hanging out at the Inn for a peaceful get-a-away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Detroit
Reviewed January 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Benjamin Prescott Inn over Labor day weekend while traveling through the area visiting family. We were very pleased with every aspect of our stay, the room was very cozy and clean, the breakfast was amazing and the inn keepers we wonderful hosts. Sue and Charlie really go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. The next time we are in the area we will be sure to stay there to get that New England B&B experience again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We have been to Benjamin Prescott Inn many, many times and each time we have found a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and Sue and Charlie make us feel at home. The rooms are delightful and so comfortable. Best beds we have slept on in any B&B. The breakfasts are so delicious and prepared fresh each morning. The Innkeepers take time to visit with us and share their experiences from around the area. We have seen some wonderful , interesting places. We have been to the Inn on our birthdays and anniversaries and have been surprised by flowers in the room and special ammenities for the occasions. Going to the Inn is our special treat to ourselves.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
maine
Reviewed January 22, 2010

What a treat. When we want to be pampered, or treated special, this is where we goThere are always fresh breads, muffins, fruit. Sue and Charlie are always so creative with breakfast choice of the day. Plenty to eat, ambiance so special,guest rooms so comfortable, hosts so accomadating. No wonder we return again and again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
tawnya0926
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Our stay here at the Benjamin Prescott in was absolutely miserable. It felt like we were in a basement the whole time. The rooms were very musty and either way too hot or way too cold with no way to personally control this. I felt like I was breathing in mildew the whole time and had a constant feeling like I was going to sneeze. The walls are paper thin so that you can hear every word perfectly from the room next door. There is no way to lock your bedroom door when you leave. At 3:30 in the morning, I roll over while sleeping, and our bed COLLAPSES on one side!!! Not wanting to wake up the hosts this early, we slept on this seriously tilted bed the short way for the rest of our slumber. With the bed collapsed, you could see the amount of dust accumulated on the wall behind the bed was ridiculous. We are by no means large people. I weigh a mere 130 lbs while my other half less than 200. In the morning when we told this to Charlie, he just looked at us and did not say a thing. After breakfast when we were ready to check out, we asked about payment and Charlie tells us."i'm not going to charge you for breaking our bed"!!!!! I couldn't believe this. We did not break the bed, it broke on us while sleeping. We said we should not have to pay for sleeping on a bed in the condition it was and he just stared at us and took the credit card and charged us full price without saying a word. When I talked to his wife, she was a little more accommodating, offering 20% off of that night's $160 stay. I shall never return and feel like we were treated VERY unfairly and Charlie was terribly rude. Phebe's room was a disaster and I was uncomfortable from the second I walked in there. Shame on you Charlie.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tawnya0926
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I should begin by stating that I probably should admit that the "typical" B&B experience is just not my cup of tea. I don't want to feel that I am a guest in someone else's home or feel obliged to be sociable with the owners or other guests. However, judging from the other guests at the BPI, it's clear that not everyone feels this way! If you want the feel of "old New England", then the BPI fits the bill. Sort of like staying at Grandma's house . . . a positive thing in terms of a certain ambience . . but a negative thing in terms of being tired and somewhat uncomfortable and full of tchotchkes! The price is very reasonable, however, particularly given that a full breakfast is included.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
camper46
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The Benjamin Prescott Inn was great place to stay and get local info. Charlie was great to talk to and Branston the Britney was great at cleanup had a great time!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaffrey
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#2 of 4 in Jaffrey
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough

Been to Benjamin Prescott Inn? Share your experiences!