“Romantic Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Romantic Weekend”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

A few months ago I went here for a business conference. Everything was excellent. So, I booked this visit for a surprise birthday getaway. We could not have asked for anything better. Boy, was she suprised and excited. The room, the staff, the ambiance and the food. This was an elegant romantic getaway at a great price.I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to visit the White Mountains. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I have used trip advisor as a resource when choosing accommodations around the worlds. I would like to tell everyone about a terrific inn, The Wentworth, I stayed at in Jackson, NH. We had a superb dinner and delicious breakfast in their restaurant. Our condo was just a short walk from the main building, offering us a spacious private place to relax. I loved waking up and taking a morning walk around the golf course and then having coffee by the fireplace. The staff was very friendly and helpful offering many helpful suggestions. I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2010

After many hours of searching, planning, and evaluating many options, I chose the Wentworth as the place I would propose to my girlfriend of over 6 years. We booked Arden 407, a room with an outside whirlpool, fireplace in the room, in what you would think to be a clean, amazing place. I should have kept looking.

We walk in after ~4.5 hours of driving, and decided to make some coffee. We find a moldy k-cup and other people's trash in the K-cup machine. Strike one. Well, I better shower, it's been a long day, and quite anxious (proposed the night before) weekend at that. What do I find in the shower but some gum stuck to the shower door--that someone else left there.

Fast forward, we check out two mornings later. In making sure we don't leave anything behind, I check under the bed. To my disgust, I find someone else’s hair scrunchy, a cap to some sort of lotion, etc.. from a previous guest, and many weeks/months of dust, quite disgusting. Have pictures to show this as well.

I wrestled with saying something, as I am not a confrontational person. When I finally did address it with the Management after it dawning on me what I actually paid for that weekend, I was offered a single night stay to “try again”, after the owner admitted that there were cleanliness issues around that time, due to an internal staff issue.

We cannot redo our Engagement weekend, but 9-hours of driving for a one night stay, non weekend, mid week, is actually insulting. Alas, I Gave many opportunities for them to make it right, as my future MIL also wanted to consider it for our wedding. I was again, disappointed.

Unfortunately, the Best Western is much cleaner than the Wentworth. We ate dinner at other resorts in the area, due to not being able to get something as common as a nice steak or Filet. The Breakfast wait staff, however, was extremely helpful and nice both mornings we ate there. That being said, I should have booked at one of those resorts—I’m sure they were much cleaner! I wish I had kept looking, don’t make the same mistake.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank bikeguy00
EllieJackson, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
I wish that this guest had taken the time to inform us of these issues during his two night stay. By not doing so he removed our ability to rectify these issues immediately while he was here so that his stay could have been more enjoyable. It was over a month later that he contacted me and when I offered him a complimentary stay he demanded a complimentary two night stay. Numerous e-mails later he stated that if I did not give into him he would trash us on the Internet. I informed him that I considered this a threat and extortion and that all prior offers were off the table and that I would not accept any further communication from him.
Farmington, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel is beautiful. Large lobby large fire place with a nice warm fire we went in october. The rooms each had their own style old fashion claw feet tubs great heat lots of windows quit rooms. If you are looking for modern rooms this is not the place for you this is an old fashion inn its a fabulous place can't wait to go back

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2010

everything was perfect!!! Food, front desk service, room! just wonderful experience!!!! Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank agnejucikaite
Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Have wanted to stay at the Wentworth and decided to try their Halloween 'Ghoullog' package and upgraded our room to one of the Arden suites. Staff was very pleasant and efficient. The hotel was overall quite charming from what we observed. Our room was clean and spacious. The hot tub was awesome. The bath salts and candles were an added plus. Bed & pillows were very comfortable. We had to re-arrange the overstuffed chairs to sit in front of the fireplace - the glass top coffee table made us rather nervous tho so did not move it. We were surprised to read how old the INN actually was – the Arden building in the late 1800s. They have done an amazing job to update/upgrade and still keep the charm. We did not eat dinner there - opted for a local more reasonably priced restaurant close by. The package came with Breakfast – excellent & they were very accommodating with special requests I had. We will definitely be back. p.s. the Ghoullog was great fun for those adventurous souls

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a few days and loved it. We stayed in Arden room 409. King sized bed, huge shower, gas fireplace and (the best part) a private outdoor hot tub! We could not have been happier with the inn. For people complaining, give the place break, it's over 130 years old. If a little chipped paint makes you cringe perhaps you should book at the RItz, but even then people always find something to complain about!
The breakfast was okay, adequate but not gourmet. The staff was friendly and helpful.
One note, our room had a stereo (with speakers in every room, including outside with the hot tub) but the only stations that come in are soft rock or 1940's jazz. We happened to love the jazz, very relaxing and made us feel like we went back in time! But you may want to bring some CD's.
Overall we loved the Wentworth and were already planning our next trip while sitting in the hot tub the first day!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trezdaez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Lodge at Jackson Village
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to The Wentworth? Share your experiences!