“Beyond expectations”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Beyond expectations”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed one night in August in the Arden cottage. The room was excellent, the amenities very good and the food beyond compare (separate review). I don't understand the reviews saying the rooms are stuck in the 1950's - try 40 years earlier! Very comfortable and a superb night's sleep in the exceptional bed! Oh - and again for the adverse reviews; what do you expect for breakfast? Ours was very well prepared and very filling.
My only complaint - the hot tub was at 107 degrees and I couldn't reduce the temperature, so we had to get out after 3 minutes. Big shame as this is one of the reasons I selected the room. I found this wonderful hotel by chance and fully intend to return - very soon! A definite gem!

EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and for your recent visit to our hotel. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your room and your breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the hot tub being too hot, they are programmed to reach a maximum temperature of 104 so I will check into that immediately and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Owner and Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Wentworth. It was just lovely. The service was wonderful. Jamie at the front desk couldn't do enough for my wife and I, and Debbie was nice enough to save cookies for my wife when we came back to the Inn after a day of hiking the challenging White Mountain trails. The breakfasts were delicious and the accommodations first rate.

Ellie is a wonderful host and rest assured we will be back!

EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and it really was our pleasure to have you and your wife stay with us this past week. I will pass along your kind words to Jamie and Deb at the Front Desk so that they may be recognized for their efforts and I enjoyed chatting with you both.
Until the next time.
Best wishes
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 15, 2013

During our recent visit to The Wentworth Inn in Jackson, NH we, once again, had a very pleasant stay. A mix up on the date we were to arrive was quickly remedied and a new room was arranged for us. The accommodation in one of the cottages turned out to be very elegant.

This was our third visit and each time we have dined at the Inn. Never have we been disappointed in the delectable food, courteous service and the ambience that pervades both at the evening meal or in the lounge.

We highly recommend this gem in the heart of the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

Room Tip: Our first time at one of the cottages and we loved it. It has a jacuzzi, sitting room with T.V. and...
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to The Wentworth and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor - both are very much appreciated. I was sorry to read that there was a mix up with your arrival date but glad that it was remedied quickly. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinners, we just were awarded with a Local Certification for our Chef's effort in sourcing local foods which is something he worked very hard to achieve and we are very proud of his efforts.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Essex Junction, Vermont, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just returned from spending 3 nights at the Wentworth and had a very pleasant. The staff were friendly and welcoming and we were given some good advice upon checking in on sights to see. The breakfasts were delicious each morning, unfortunately we didn't have a chance to eat dinner there. We stayed in the main inn on the 2nd floor in a nice corner room with several windows. The room was fairly small but was adequate for the 2 of us. The inn itself was very quiet which I was surprised about being such an old building. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean and I am super fussy about cleanliness. I spent hours researching lodging in the Jackson/North Conway area and am very happy that I chose the Wentworth, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main inn as the rooms were more reasonably priced. I liked the convenience of being...
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review and for your recent three night stay with us. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your main inn room and your breakfasts and found my staff friendly and helpful. I hope next time you will have an opportunity to experience our dining room for dinner also.
Thank you very much again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Originally we looked to book rooms in the main hotel at the Wentworth but after discussing it with the staff they suggested that one of their condo units might be better for our family and I'm very glad we chose to do this.

After a two week road trip and hotel room after hotel room it was extremely nice to have some of our own space. The condos were extremely well kept, the kitchen was fully stocked with just about every appliance you could need! There were three large bathrooms and bedrooms within the condo which had wonderful views across the golf course and up to the mountains. We even had a small private balcony leading off the lounge.

Other bonus's were a full washing/drying machine, large TV's in several of the rooms, wifi, a comfortable lounge area and a jet-tub in one of the upstairs bathrooms.

My only issue is that when we asked the staff at the reception to recommend local walks they were quite unsure where we should go which seems a bit mad as we were in the foot of the white mountains and only 15 minutes away from Pinkham Notch one of the most popular start points for many short & long mountain hikes! Perhaps they don't have too many guests interested in exploring the mountains at least a little by foot, but I find this hard to believe!

Room Tip: We stayed in Condo 12B which I can thoroughly recommend, perfect location and very well kept.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and I was very pleased to read that my staff took the time to make sure you had the most suitable accommodations. Unit 12B is a great unit, new to our rental program and fast becoming one of our most requested. I am sorry that the front desk were not too familiar with local hikes - next time just ask for Jamie who works most evenings she is an avid hiker and very knowledgeable and we also have a good selection of hiking guides at our front desk so if they were not offered to you I am sorry.
Thank you again for your visit and for taking the time to write this review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Service was very friendly, the hotel was clean, but it felt like being in a time warp from the 50's. the place seemed to be without any soul or buzz. Maybe it's where old Golfers go to wait for the heavenly call.
We did not eat in the dining room as it too looked soulless and sterile so cannot comment on the food. We were disappointed by the croissants at breakfast which were cold and stodgy.
Rooms were small and dated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and for your recent visit to our hotel and we were sorry to read that it was not to your taste. You must have been here at a very quiet time perhaps as normally our restaurant and lounge are nice and busy with good energy and our lobby is a great area for relaxing in. As for our guest rooms I think you probably would have enjoyed our deluxe accommodations more. Thankfully today all of the guests I checked in that were heading off to play golf looked like they could last a few more years and were not waiting for a heavenly call.
I hope your trip home was uneventful and thank you again for travelling from so far to visit us.
boisbriand
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked 5 nights at The Wentworth through SniqueAway (now Jetsetter). Our first impressions were of a beautiful Inn with friendly staff. These were confirmed during our stay. Our room was on the second floor and very charming (we had the corner room with windows all around). Comfortable bed and amenities; Keurig coffee maker with coffee pods, flatscreen TV with a DVD player alongside. The bathroom was not very big but sufficient, good water pressure for showers. This is not a boutique hotel/inn rather an older style hotel with old-country flare but with modern conveniences; you feel you’ve been transported back in time.

Our plan had the daily breakfast included which is so worth it. The food was delicious, prepared and served with care. The hash and eggs as well as the bacon, hmmm, so good.
The outside pool was very clean and secluded enough that it wasn’t seen from the road. It was never crowded during our stay.

The A/C did turn off a couple of times but was quickly remedied to when we informed the front desk (very accommodating staff).

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but the menu looked quite inviting.

We stayed Sunday to Friday, which was a good scenario as there are weddings every Saturday during the summer (they have a big white tent out back).

Suggestion to Hotel would be to include a mini-fridge in room which is lacking.

Definitely would come back.

1 Thank rmoley
EllieKoeppel, Manager at The Wentworth, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your Snique Away vacation. That program did introduce us to a lot of new guests and we were pleased with it. We hope now that you have been introduced to us we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Thank you again.
Owner and Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#4 of 25 in North Conway
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to The Wentworth? Share your experiences!