This is a great old building and the porch and White rockers just fabulous BUT the rooms need updating to give guests a bit of comfort. The beds were truly terrible hard smelly and creaky. We had a suit as our group consisted of 2 adults and our 17yr old son. The pullout bed in the lounge that he had to sleep on was so old in bowed in the middle and was made up with a synthetic blanket you expect in a cheap motel. The carpet was damp and the a/c very ineffectual.
We loved the area and would return but would go back to this hotel unless I knew the rooms had improved
Our stay was also spoil by a Wedding party that went on for 2 days !! They totally took the place over and we were very much second rate guests after they came !!! Shame the staff should have made the other guests feel welcome as well I overheard another couple who felt the same!!
So be aware it is quaint and in a nice location but don't expect high standards in the rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional New England lodging in the heart of the White Mountains since 1879. This Historic Hotel of America, listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation, was restored as a historic country inn in 1986. Family friendly and uncrowded. An all-season destination surrounded by the nearly 800,000 acre White Mountain National Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club Hotel Jackson
- Eagle Mountain House And Golf Club
- Eagle Mountain Hotel
- Eagle Mountain Resort
- Eagle Mountain Jackson