I stayed at the Eagle Mountain House for a weekend away with friends. This place is definitely a bit rickety and rough around the edges. The floors are squeaky and the carpet's faded, but it can all be overlooked. It has everything you need plus charm and friendly service. Our room had all the amenities of a traditional hotel - hair dryer, TV, phone, alarm clock, individual thermostat, extra pillows, etc. If you stay at little inns and B&Bs around New England, you will soon realize that these are not a given and appreciate them when you find them. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The food was great. Stick around for the Sunday brunch with live music (piano) and save room for the dessert buffet! Eagle Mountain is a great value for the area. During the slow mud-season (spring), prices are as low as $50-$70, higher in other seasons of course.
My favorite part about this place is that it has the feel of a grand old hotel, back when there truly were such places, but with affordable prices. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional New England lodging in the heart of the White Mountains since 1879. This Historic Hotel of America, listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation, was restored as a historic country inn in 1986. Family friendly and uncrowded. An all-season destination surrounded by the nearly 800,000 acre White Mountain National Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club Hotel Jackson
- Eagle Mountain House And Golf Club
- Eagle Mountain Hotel
- Eagle Mountain Resort
- Eagle Mountain Jackson