Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
The Wentworth(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$136
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$139
$119
Hotels.com
Nordic Village Resort(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$239
$100
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
$62
$59
$55
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$99
Clarendon Motel(North Conway)(Great Value!)
$69
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshistoric hotelgolf courserocking chairsfront porchbreakfast buffetnew englandping pongantique elevatorcreaky floorsold fashioneddining roomstep back in timeplay golftwo room suitewhite mountainsturn of the centurynorth conway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Eagle Mountain House 4 or 5 times but not for the last two years (not enough snow!). This year we lucked out with beautiful snow conditions for xc skiing although it was the coldest temps for 2 years. -24 degrees the morning we went out skiing. We planned on driving down to the center instead of skiing down in order to not only shorten our time in the cold but also to lessen the amount of skiing across the open golf course. However, our car wouldn't start and while we pondered what to do, the front desk staff mentioned that one of the maintenance people had jumper cables and they kindly gave us a jumpstart!

We always stay on the third floor with a mountain view -- so quiet up there and nice views but since there were only about 6 guests in the entire hotel, it probably didn't matter! We love feeling like we have the place to ourselves.

The menus have changed since our last visit -- for the better IMHO! You can get the same meals in either the pub or the dining room. We had both dinners in the pub since it is a much cozier atmosphere and that is where most everyone hangs out. The 2 for $25 deal Sunday through Thursdays was quite a good deal actually. The portions were sufficient and everything was excellent - soup or salad, entree and dessert.

This is not a luxury hotel it is an historic hotel and we think it is a wonderful getaway for a very reasonable price. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin22
EagleMountainHouse, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Traveler2011,

Thank you for your nice comments and review on your recent stay. We are fortunate to have such kind guests as you. We are please that you enjoyed the Two for $25 dinner we featured during certain times this winter, it is just one of the many special events we will have for this year.

This winter was great for skiing and other winter activities we hope to see you this summer.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Eagle Mountain House for a xc ski getaway over New Year's. Our 2 boys loved the freedom to play in the basement game room and we like being able to relax in the lobby. The hotel is historic and a little worn, but charming. The food was fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MotherBurns
EagleMountainHouse, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello MotherBurns,

Glad you and your boys enjoyed your stay at the Eagle Mountain House this winter. It has been a great winter for skiing and the convenience of having the world famous Jackson XC trail system right out fhe front door is a great benefit.

We have a variety of future improvements planned for the Eagle Mountain House. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have not visited Eagle Mountain House since my last review [Sept 20 2012], so this is an editorial comment, not a fresh review. When my wife and I were contemplating a visit to this resort, we were puzzled at the extreme gap between good and bad comments. It was as if people had stayed in totally different hotels, with different staff, and food. The good/bad ratio was about 8-1 at the time, that's why we went, and it's widened since then. On occasion, however, the odd extremely sour review still hits the fan. I would like to attempt a brief explanation. It is, I think, entirely a matter of one's concept of a holiday. If you wish the latest in comfortable modernity, stay away from hotels that were built in 1916, and are proud of it. They are going to have archaic elevators, creaking floors, and 'cozy' rooms. The staff will tend to be gracious, rather than 'go go expedient'. The food will be tasty, but not particularly trendy. The view will be beautifully tranquil, instead of excitingly active. We loved it!

Room Tip: It isn't a noisy hotel at the busiest of times, but it's quieter on the upper floors. Young couples would probably appreciate the quaint intimacy of the very reasonably priced 'Inn Rooms'.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ARTONTARIO_12

Dear ARTONTARIO,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Eagle Mountain House. Your comments about historic hotels, the Eagle Mountain House and the overall experience one should expect were perfect and to the point.

We are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am a repeat customer having stayed at EM about 4 or 5 times. This time I went by myself for a weekend xc ski trip. I think the combination of the professional courtesy of the front desk staff and the convenience of the the across the door skiing is why I come back. This time I had booked an inn room. When I got there I found it was not to my liking due to lack of privacy. The staff went out of their way to accomodate and move me to a more suitable room. I actually like the creaking of the halls as it always brings back memories of past stays. As always thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
EagleMountainHouse, General Manager at Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear izaak101,

Thank you for your many return trips to the Eagle Mountain House!!!! You are right the xc skiing is right out the front door. I am so happy that our front desk was able to accommodate your request and you enjoyed your stay. On your next visit please introduce yourself, I appreciate your business and would like to meet you. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to give the Eagle Mountain House a great review!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our second annual mother/daughter trip to Jackson and the Eagle Mountain House. Jackson is beautiful at Christmas and this Inn is a nice, reasonably priced place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast included was good as well. We will definitely be visiting again in December 2013!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank beachlover03076

Dear beachlover 03076,

We look forward to your next visit and are thrilled that you and your daughter spent that time together! Christmas in Jackson is beautiful with all the lights and decorations its almost fairy tale like. The Eagle Mountain House is very lucky to have such wonderful guest that return over and over. Thank you so much for making us a part of your tradition, what a compliment!