“Quite Impressed!!”
Review of Wentworth

Wentworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Wentworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16A & 16B
Description: The Wentworth Dining Room prides itself on using only the freshest seasonal ingredients provided by local and regional farms. We work closely with the New Hampshire Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. We also use many vegetables from organic New Hampshire farms. Our meat, poultry and seafood is sourced regionally and delivered regularly to guarantee freshness.
Franklin, MA
“Quite Impressed!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

In my original review of the Wentworth Restaurant, I took issue with the fact that the staff did not honor a gift card which they originally said they would. After posting my TripAdvisor review about this, the hotel owner responded and asked me to contact her, which I did. She was very gracious, and refunded us a portion of the bill, without my having to ask.

I do feel that kind of responsible service is quite commendable, and a rarity in this day and age. I applaud the Wentworth for proving to me that it really is a very fine establishment indeed. I would highly recommend, and intend to return.

• Visited June 2014
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you again and I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make it right. I hope you ask for me the next time you come and visit, I am generally always on property and it would be nice to meet in person.
Thank you again.

Sydney, Australia
“Superb dinner”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love the backlit menus. When I arrived in the dining room I thought that everyone was reading their iPads, terribly anti-social, but I was soon put right as the menu has an led light so that you can read it in the ambient lighting.

I sat near the fireplace and was warm while sampling the superb food. A definite must do.

Visited October 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review and we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at our hotel. The back lit menus are certainly a talking point and our guests love them. They allow us to keep the lighting in the restaurant at a nice low level at the same time allowing our guests to read the menu without difficulty.
Thank you again and we appreciate your visit, especially from so far away.
Franklin, MA
“Ultimately, not impressed”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My overall rating is reflective of the entire experience.

We chose to have dinner at the Wentworth Inn due to having B&B gift cards we wanted to use (and the Inn was on their list). We were not staying at the Wentworth-- so I specifically called and asked if these gift cards could be used for dinner at the Inn, and were told yes, they could be used for dinner. We had not dined at the Wentworth before.

Dinner quality was fantastic, from the hostess to the waiter to the apps & entree, to desert. (The flour-less chocolate cake was a bit dry, but not inedible.)

We gave our waiter a B&B gift card and credit card to cover the balance. He informed us a few minutes later they could only accept the gift cards for rooms, so I payed without using a gift card. I inquired about this at the front desk and was told this Inn's agreement with the B&B company was only for rooms, and I was misinformed when I called earlier to ask. So much for trying to be thorough.

The meal & restaurant service were top-notch. Front desk/phone service-- not so much. After paying the bill, I did notice we were not charged the pre-fixe menu prices that we asked for, but instead we were charged ala-carte pricing. This was my oversight, and should have mentioned it before paying. I guess I was a bit distracted.

• Visited June 2014
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing our restaurant for your evening meal. I do appreciate the positive comments towards the food and the staff in the restaurant and your kind words will be shared with both of them. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication with the B&B card and the decision not to accept yours is one I regret. If you would e-mail me at ellie@thewentworth.com l would be happy to correct this and I will also check to make sure that you were billed correctly.
Thank you again for focusing on the positive and I hope that I can correct the negative for you.
Boston
“Good value in prix fixe”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a fine meal at the hotel restaurant. With a more complete wine list than some restaurants in the valley. My Lobster Risotto was prepared with the lobster juicy and not over cooked along with a well prepared risotto soft and chewy and well absorbed sauce. The apple tart type of desert was tasty and not overly sweeten. One of the better restaurants in town.

EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with the readers of Trip Advisor and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner. I will share your comments with our Chef Neal Myers and his team so that they may be recognized for their efforts.
Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.
honoluul
“Fantasti food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate there several times since the place we were staying had food we really did not like. Wentworth's food on the other hand was excellent. A bit pricy but the quality worth it.

Visited May 2014
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review and for your several visits to our dining room during your stay in Jackson. Your kind words will be shared with my staff so that they can be recognized for their efforts. Next time we hope we will also have the pleasure of having you stay with us also.
Thank you again.