“Top notch food for the area”
Review of Wentworth

Wentworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Wentworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16A & 16B
Description: The Wentworth Dining Room prides itself on using only the freshest seasonal ingredients provided by local and regional farms. We work closely with the New Hampshire Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. We also use many vegetables from organic New Hampshire farms. Our meat, poultry and seafood is sourced regionally and delivered regularly to guarantee freshness.
Middlebury, Vermont
“Top notch food for the area”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ate here 2 of the 3 nights we stayed at the Inn and the food was excellent. Each night started out with an amuse bouche which was quite good (it was actually the same on both nights (separated by a night) but that was fine) - the lobster bisque was delicious as was the bibb salad (very small, but perfect for me and well presented) -the first night I had the mushroom risotto which was excellent and the second night I had the beef tenderloin which was excellent. I only had a bite of dessert so hard to comment, but it looked good. Well stocked bar, nice service, tasty bread/butter and strong menu for the area. I don't think you'll find a better dinner place in this part of the state. If you eat a lot, it's worth it to get the 37 prix fixe which includes appetizer/soup/entre and dessert.

• Visited December 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and restaurant for your recent visit to Jackson Village and for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. Your kind comments will be shared with Chef Neal Myers and his team so that they may be recognized for their efforts.

Waterbury, Vermont
“5 star dining experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a combination plate of rack of lamb and home made lamb sausage along with several courses each worth the return trip. My wife was equally thrilled with her filet mignon. We are tough to please given the outstanding dining options near our home in VT so we're always thrilled when we find a place like the Wentworth.

Visited December 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review and for rating our restaurant with 5 stars. Your kind words will be shared with Chef Neal Myers and his team so that they may be recognized for their efforts.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great dinner & service @ a charming inn restaurant”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

For a special birthday dinner we selected the Wentworth Inn. The food & service were excellent. We all had the tenderloin beef which you could cut with a fork. The restaurant was very quaint & charming. We had a wonderful time and would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and for choosing us to celebrate a birthday. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything and your kind words will be shared with Chef Neal Myers and his team in the kitchen so that they may be recognized for their efforts.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great getaway weekend!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Service, food, friendliness of staff. Bathroom was small but accommodating. It is definitely a classic boutique hotel.

Visited October 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Congers, New York
“Average plus meal, bit on pricey side”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here one night on our recent stay in New Hampshire. Because we were staying at the hotel (see separate review), as well as the great TA ratings, we thought it made sense to eat here. Overall, the restaurant is okay, but we think it's a bit pricey for what you get as well as the location.

SERVICE: In general, service was spotty. Our request to change tables to one near the fireplace was graciously accommodated. The rest of the meal, the waiter wafted between being very attentive, and seemingly disappeared. He would come by our table to check on us three or four times within a few minutes, and then disappear for seemingly long periods. We thought this was unusual. Also, we finished our dessert before coffee and tea even arrived at our table. Service was strange - are you there, or are you not?

FOOD: The food was average to very good, depending on the dish. We started with a mussels appetizer, which had a very good flavor with an unusual taste (cumin or tumeric?). I opted for the butternut squash gnocchi (which was on the menu as an appetizer) for dinner, and rather enjoyed that, although the portion was rather small. My husband had the beef tenderloin, which was very good and well cooked. For dessert, we shared a nectarine and apricot custard, which was just okay.

ATMOSPHERE: The dining room is nice enough - very clean and understated decor, with pale colors. White tablecloths. Pretty, but not memorable. Nothing that stands out as particularly beautiful, but nothing offensive, either. Meh.

VALUE: At $100 for the meal for the two of us, the price was a bit on the pricey side, especially given the fact that we didn't have any beverages. One shared appetizer, two entrees and one shared dessert led to a fairly expensive night out. I was definitely surprised when the bill came that we were charged $28 for that butternut squash gnocchi (that was on the menu as an special appetizer), and there were 7 gnocchi on my plate. Hardly enough to make a dent in my stomach, and charged $28!!! Had I not already had a headache and just wanted to be done with dinner and get to bed, I certainly would have complained. That's outrageous, especially for a vegetarian meal!!

All in all, this meal was just okay. I might give them another try if in the area, if only for the fact that I wasn't feeling that well to begin with, and maybe they were having an off night.

• Visited September 2013
EllieKoeppel, Owner at Wentworth, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed and comprehensive review of your dining experience at The Wentworth. For taking the time to detail both the positive and not so positive aspects of your experience is much appreciated as that is how we learn and improve our product and service. I am most concerned about the amount you were charged and please contact me at ellie@thewentworth.com to rectify this. A shared appetizer, two entrees and a shared dessert should not have come to $100.00 – even if choosing ALC from our menu. Our Prix Fixe option with a choice of two full courses plus dessert comes to $76.00 for two and clearly you did not even eat this amount so there has to be a mistake on your bill.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to hearing from you.