“A feast for the eyes as well as the palate!”
Review of Wentworth

Wentworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Wentworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16A & 16B
Description: The Wentworth Dining Room prides itself on using only the freshest seasonal ingredients provided by local and regional farms. We work closely with the New Hampshire Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. We also use many vegetables from organic New Hampshire farms. Our meat, poultry and seafood is sourced regionally and delivered regularly to guarantee freshness.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Wentworth last evening (we stayed at another nearby hotel) and cannot say enough about our experience. Each dish was expertly prepared and was truly as much a feast for the eyes as it is for the palate! The appetizers were mouthwatering, the hake was amazing, the tenderloin done perfectly, and the desserts were absolutely delicious. The dining room manager truly brings personality to the restaurant, and he expects no less than a great dining experience for his guests. The prix fixe menu is a perfect way to introduce non-hotel guests to dining there. We have dined here (and have stayed here) before, but this is by far our best experience. We will definitely return and will highly recommend this to anyone looking for a romantic, upscale dining experience!

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your dinner at the Wentworth. Tremendous care goes not only into the sourcing of our ingredients and plating but into our service too. It is always nice hear these efforts don't go unnoticed and I will be sharing your review with my staff and Chef. We expect every guest's experience to be as enjoyable as yours; We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully soon.

Dining Room Manager

There are newer reviews for Wentworth

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were staying at the hotel, but I waited to make a dinner reservation at the restaurant. This was a wedding anniversary dinner and with so many dinning options within five miles I wanted to be sure the evening was perfect. After reading the dinning room reviews here and checking in to the hotel I decided to give it a go.

The atmosphere was quiet, and the service attentive, but non intrusive. The wait staff's timing was always on the mark. The appetizers were unique and well prepared. Just the right size. The entrees well well presented and cooked as ordered. The sauces for both the tenderloin and the scallops was excellent. We arranged for s short break and a walk on the property prior to dessert and the wait staff obliged by serving us on the porch.

Overall, the dinner met my high expectations on all accounts.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

It's great that you decided on the Wentworth for your anniversary dinner and stay. We love to host special events; whether a wedding, birthday, or anniversary we always like try and take the extra step to make sure all these special occasions are memorable. I'm glad that the service and food met your high expectations and I will pass your words along to my staff and Chef so that their greatness may be recognized. I hope to see you soon regardless of the occasion - Thank you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We owned a rental property in Jackson, NH for years, but really hadn't experienced many of the local restaurants. We recently ate dinner at The Wentworth and were absolutely delighted with the experience. The food was thoughtfully prepared from fresh ingredients and each course was delicious. Importantly, the portions were not overly large, which really allows for savoring each course without feeling stuffed. The service was attentive and the setting was great for a summer solstice evening in June.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your experience at the Wentworth. I'm glad that you decided to visit for dinner and clearly enjoyed your time with us. My Chef de Cuisine, Neil Myers, and his culinary team put a tremendous amount of time and thought into our menu. We recently have been reaching out to more farms and farmers like Glen Mitchell of Jackson and White Gate Farms of Tamworth; through these efforts we have been able to secure a large amount of fresh, local, produce, meat, cheese, and more. I am also happy that you enjoyed the service you received. It can be difficult to walk the line of attentive and intrusive - All of my waitstaff are true professionals and they will be happy to know they have been successful again. Again, thank you for your business, time, and thoughts; We know we will see you soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We spend one night at this grand old inn in the White Mountains of NH. Built in the 1800's and on the national registry of historical sites, Wentworth is well maintained. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food. Beautiful setting.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Wentworth. The Jackson and Mount Washington Valley area have a long tradition of service and quality in a beautifully rustic location. We try everyday to keep up with this high standard to ensure that all of our guests have a "Grand Hotel" stay. We are very lucky to have an extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and professional staff - I will be passing your words along so that everyone's efforts may be recognized. Thank you again and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Wentworth is a real experience for a special night out. We were there off-season so it was very un-crowded. I cannot be sure if it's the same during high summer and ski season. There was a prix fixe 4-course dinner that we had, which was lovely. Each item was obviously prepared with care for both the taste and the appearance of the dish. Definitely the kind of meal you want to eat slowly and savor.

Ambience is delightful, in an old Victorian cottage hotel, quietly off the main drag.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Nothing like a calm New England night to have a romantic dinner. The Wentworth Dining Room has a wonderful romanticism about it; Whether we are packed all night or only have a few reservations we try very hard to always deliver the highest standard of service and quality at all times. Our Chef Neil Meyers and his culinary team pride themselves on using fresh,local produce and also by making everything we can from scratch. We care immensely about our guests experience and it is nice to know that clearly that this doesn't go unnoticed. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.