“The way a vacation should be!”
Review of Wentworth

Wentworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Wentworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16A & 16B
Description: The Wentworth Dining Room prides itself on using only the freshest seasonal ingredients provided by local and regional farms. We work closely with the New Hampshire Institute of Agriculture and Forestry. We also use many vegetables from organic New Hampshire farms. Our meat, poultry and seafood is sourced regionally and delivered regularly to guarantee freshness.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Amazing two-night stay in a beautiful deluxe suite with all the amenities, service, and luxury one could conceivably ask for. The Wentworth was welcoming from the minute we arrived up through our departure (if only we could have stayed longer!).

There may be more exotic places to stay, but this was easily one of the best weekend stays I have experienced. Much of it can be attributed to the terrific personnel and service we received. Special shout out/thanks to Josh, Ian, Doug, and Jamie for making our trip so wonderful. There are, however, so many other superb personnel and I wish I could remember them all. Thank you all for making us feel extra special during our stay.

On the first night, we explored the inn and marveled over the traditional, ornate ambience. The bartender was very welcoming and happy to whip up some fresh whipped cream for my girlfriend's coffee/baileys. We then enjoyed a comfortable "evening-in" inside our lavish room, complete with king bed, coffee, and whirlpool tub (with great smelling salts and romantic dim-lit candles). We tried their cheese platter (because, well, why not?) and we were giddy with enjoyment.

The following day was a beautiful sunny day in Jackson and we were happy to find that breakfast (my favorite meal of the day) was affordable and delicious. The service was impeccable; the dining room manager was very charismatic and personable; and we thoroughly enjoyed any opportunity we had to chat with any staff and locals. The Wentworth has a quality of service and professionalism that is rare among other hotels/inns in the area.

We "walked off" a filling breakfast by walking up the hill to the nearby water falls. It was a beautiful sunny day and we basked on the rocks in the river near the hotel before walking through some shops in the area and getting some iced cream.

Later that evening we ate dinner at the Wentworth and all I can really say is that the food was simply outstanding. Our server was wonderful, and we had the privilege of chatting up the dining room manager again. If you can believe it, the Wentworth may be considered fine-dining first and a hotel second, despite the fact that they cater to your every comfort.

The Wentworth is very accommodating. I got the impression that the staff truly cared about making us as comfortable as possible (and it worked!). I can't wait to go back again later in the summer for a longer stay.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your generous and profound review of The Wentworth. Jackson is a very interesting and unique part of New Hampshire; I'm glad you got to take in the sights. I hope every visit get better has you discover what The Wentworth and Jackson have to offer. See you soon,

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I took my husband there for his birthday. The restaurant was kind enough to seat us at their nicest table in front of a fireplace. It was very romantic. Our waiter Ian was very knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent and the prix fixe menu was great value for 3 delicious courses. Highly recommended.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I am happy that you chose The Wentworth to celebrate your husband's birthday and I'm glad you enjoyed our coveted fireplace table. We try very hard to ensure our guests have an experience as memorable as yours. Ian is very knowledgeable and a great asset to have. I will show him your review he may relish in his glory. The Prix Fixe Menu has been a big hit with guests as well; allowing you to chose from two courses plus dessert. Our Chef, Neal Myers, and his culinary team have been busy in the kitchen working on a new menu. But with Spring comes Summer allowing us yet again to create another new menu! We all hope that we see you soon. Thank you for your review,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed the night there, doing the meal included with the room, and we 1st went to the "bar" for a drink and the fondu (they had a sign out front), it took the bartender 10 minutes to realize we were there, and the fondu was awful, and it was $25! Which she didn't mention, then we had dinner later that night in the restaurant, we were sat by the window, which was 15 degrees colder then the rest of the restaurant, I had to wear my jacket the whole 3 hour dinner, not impressed with that. I asked the waiter if they had anything non alcoholic, he laughed, and said um.. Juice? Like I was a 3 year old. Didn't give me any other choices. Dinner was good, food wise, it took extremely long for everything to come
Out though. We then had breakfast there, 2 servers for the entire place, definitely not enough servers to deal with everyone, food was not worth getting, wished we skipped it there and went across the way to the cafe, they had great coffee and food. I honestly would make the trip up there again when i could take the trip to Portsmouth, where you know it's worth the $.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I was very sad to read your review. To miss on so many levels is unacceptable and I take these things very seriously. I am deeply sorry and that you did not experience the world class service the Wentworth is know for and I can only ask that if you ever find yourself our way to try us again. Feel free to call me directly at the Inn (800).637.0013 and I will do all I can to accommodate you. Thank you for taking time to write your review and I will be passing this along to my staff. The bar can always be higher.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Wentworth is the perfect spot to celebrate and enjoy a special meal while in Jackson, NH. My husband and I have chosen to take guests to the Wentworth, and also celebrated our anniversary there, and always have been extremely satisfied with both the food and the service. The atmosphere in this historic inn makes it a perfect spot to relax and enjoy a special meal. I have also been there for their breakfast buffet - a wonderful meal to start one's day, with fresh baked goods, fruit, assorted choices and daily specials. Definitely worth a try!

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

It is always exciting to hear from our regulars and thank you for choosing the Wentworth to entertain and celebrate. We love to accommodate our guests and try to provide a unique fine dining experience, that clearly leaves lasting impressions. I hope to see you soon whether for breakfast, your next special occasion, or you can always pop in to to say 'Hello.' Thank you again,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Enjoyed three dinners while styaing at this hotel. The dinning room is attractively furnished, and the menu was broad enough for repeated meals. The food was good enough, but a little overpriced for tha area. Service was good, except for one dinner that took almost three hours; the kitchen must have been completely backed up.

Joshua B, Manager at Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Wentworth; I am happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your stay. I would like to apologize for your three hour dinner though, it is unfortunate that things took this long and I always say (you can ask my staff) that there are never any good excuses so I am truly sorry for anything less than perfect. We strive everyday to get better and I will only use your comments to help us to do so. Since your last stay at the Wentworth the menu has gone through a dramatic change and I hope that you stop in again sometime to give us another chance. If you are ever in the area please feel free to call the Inn and ask for me directly; it would be my honor to serve you again.

DIning Room Manager