“Anniversary Dinner”

Dining Room at The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We got there about an 1.5 early and although the dining room was empty, they could not sit us, so we stayed at the piano lounge and had a drink. The piano man was a good player and very nice. When they finally sat us at the exact hour of our reservation, the table was right in front of the kitchen and a closet which remained open most of the time. Our server was excellent. The food was okay, not spectacular. The mussels appetizer came in a small bowl and the chorizo used was somewhat bland. My Peking duck with scallion pancake was salty. There was a mistake in the order so we had to wait more, but our dessert was on the house. The atmosphere was nice and the ladies room was beautiful and very clean. Would I celebrate my anniversary there again next year? Not inclined.

There are newer reviews for Dining Room at The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The 3-course dinner is really nice. Although our hotel package include the meals, I noticed from the menu that the food is not so expensive. I wish they can have more fresh fruit during breakfast though.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Let's see...a beautifully furnished room with a gas fireplace, two-person jacuzzi and a view of the White Mountains; a 4-diamond restaurant in which each dish is better than the next; a superb wine list, a beautiful spa with excellent therapists, and outstanding service from start to finish. There's even an elevator if you need it.

All of this, with dinner and breakfast included, costs less than one of those chain hotels in Portland, ME. What's not to like?

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place was absolutely wonderful. The food was exceptionally well prepared. We thoroughly enjoyed the mussels, we had the pork belly which might be the best we've ever had. I wish we had more room in our stomachs to try more, but we couldn't pack it in.....service was very very good.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I dined at this delightful restaurant during our recent stay in the White Mountains. From the time we pulled in front of the inn, we could tell we were in for a great experience. The inn itself had a very cozy, country feel to it and the staff was very friendly. While waiting to be seated, we sat at their very attractive bar. The bar featured a large selection of scotches that are not normally seen at others, as well as, a nice selection cocktails and wines.
The actual dining area was a very nice size ,under 20 tables, so the noise level never got too high, as well as keeping things a bit more intimate.
Our server was very helpful and friendly. The menu contained a nice variety of tapas, appetizers, and entrees. I had the veal medallions which very well prepared. The wine list here is also very robust, featuring wines from around the world.
I would highly recommend the Inn at Thorn Hill's restaurant to anyone staying in the area that is looking for a fine dining experience. My wife and I would like to try staying at the Inn some time on a future visit to the White Mountains.