“Terrible service, gross bug in cheese” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shannon Door Pub

Shannon Door Pub
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Skagway, Alaska
“Terrible service, gross bug in cheese”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

First off the place really could use a makeover, its dark and really isn't in good shape. That being said we were willing to look past it in hopes that maybe the food wasn't as bad as the furnishings in the place. They have a seat your self policy that seems rather silly because the waitstaff doesn't seem to pay a bit of attention to whos walking through the door. Their understaffed....I'm a local and from what I've heard from talking to different people that seems to be a trend there. We actually sat down and waited about 15 minutes before someone noticed and took our drink order. Worse yet since there is no order a couple across from us that came in ten minutes after us got their drinks before our drink order was even taken, so there's no way the waiter didn't realize we were sitting there. Regardless I used to work as a waitress so still being patient I knew that it could be a simple mistake and still was going to stay. After we ordered our food I noticed something was moving in the Parmesan cheese on the table. Taking the lid off there was a long slender bug with a gross white head that was covered in cheese like he had been digging his way through it for a while. Needless to say I canceled the food order and walked out.

3 Thank TimTIm123

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,378 helpful votes
“Cool pub for drinks.......and meeting fellow Trip members.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2008

Though we did not eat at this restaurant/pub, but met up with some fellow TripAdvisor members we had not met before. And that was the grand thing about the place! They are very nice Trip members indeed, and so glad we got to meet them. Anyway, we had a round of drinks at the pub, and I thought the decor interesting, the help friendly, and the prices fair enough. We were comfortable, and they came around often enough to ask us if we wanted more drinks. Maybe one day in the future we will be able to eat there.

1 Thank tymetraveler222
Sydney
“Worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

Loved the Shannon Door, we have frequented Irish pubs in many places world wide and it lived up to our expectations and standards.

We were at the Shannon Door last Saturday night. Loved the atmosphere, very friendly staff and customers. Even though it was very full and very busy the service was excellent and friendly.

Although only visiting the area we felt like locals in no time at all, everyone was very welcoming. Both my husband and I had burgers and they were excellent, our friends had pizzas and said they were also very good.

1 Thank Reaanne
south jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

I visited The Shannon Door during my last visit to NH to attend The Peter White/Peter Lewis Benefit.
I found it to be a cozy, comfortable pub.
The place was very busy this particular night but I had no difficulty ordering a beer at the bar and getting it right away.
And the pizza?? I don't know what the secret is for an Irish Bar to make such an outstanding pizza...but they got it right!!
I was impressed with the place..maybe because the night I went -a very good event for a very worthy cause was happening and I like that The Shannon Door opened IT'S doors..or maybe just because it was a comfortable, cozy and clean and pleasing atmosphere.
In any event, when I do return to NH I will be visiting the pub again.

1 Thank moccmonet
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

Maybe the best pizza ever! Not what you would from a Irish pub in the mountains but check them out.

1 Thank skier21