“DO NOT GO!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'll just bottom line this..The beef hash came out cold and the srambled eggs were burnt bits. I quietly told the waitress, and she got mad and never came back. Someone from the kitchen came out and leaned into my ear and called me PICKY!! Then told me I needed to be on medication. She then told me where the door was & to never come back thru it. I turned to go and she pushed herself up against my back!! I was with my 2 little kids and I am still beyond dumbfounded!

3  Thank Paspipa

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We enjoyed a nice lunch consisting of soup (New England Clam Chowder) and a Pastrami Reuben with chips. The food was very good and located a short walk from the Inn where we were staying. If you are interested in a glass of beer or wine, the restaurant is BYOB. Cheers!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been a longstanding fan of Yesterday's breakfasts. On a recent excursion I was pleased to learn they were planning a dinner service on Thursday-Saturday starting 11/29. I got a sneak preview of the menu and decided I would check it out this past Friday. I addtion to the attractive menu, they offerred several seafood dishes as specials. I elected to order fried clams. I did this with some trepadation. I need to admit I am a fried clam snob and have been disappointed since moving to the Valley in '07. The whole clams were lightly battered and fried to perfection. They were sweet and succulent served with great fries and very tasty cole slaw. I don't want to fail to mention Yesterday's is BYOB. I am looking forward to exploring their menu.

1  Thank rfm03838
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stopped at Yesterday's during a recent New Hampshire trip because of previous positive experiences here...and today was no exception. Granted we were there late morning, (very happy to find that they still serve breakfast all day), so there was no need to wait for a table and, since its also "the off season", the one waitress on duty had no problems keeping up with the dining room as parties came and went.
We had no problem identifying the daily specials (as noted in an earlier review); not only were they prominently listed on the blackboard near the counter, a printed copy was included with our menus. One of us ordered one of the day's specials; the other a long-standing favorite. And both of us left more-than-satisfied.
The decaf-coffee drinker didn't mind waiting a few minutes for the first cup because our server wanted to make us a fresh pot rather than empty the previous pot....and the caffinatedd drinker was pleased to see their favorite New England Coffee being served. Refills were frequent and arrived before we needed to ask for them.
One of us discussed the pancake special of the day, gingerbread and banana pancakes with our waitress and, after determining that the bananas were actually cooked into the pancakes rather than just sliced over the top, asked if it was possible to have them without any bananas at all.... and was delighted when the response was :of course." When the 'cakes arrived, they were plate-sized and hearty -- a two-cake serving was plenty! Without the sweetness of the bananas, the flavor seemed a bit strong on the cloves-and-molassas side, but they still offered a unique twist on more traditional pancake offerings.
The long-time favorite order arrived exactly as expected. The Hunter's Hash is a spin-off on traditional corned-beef hash and is a great choice for hash-lovers who aren't crazy about corned beef. This one is made with shaved steak and clearly recognizeable chunks of green peppers, onions and tomatoes, cheese and your choice of eggs, all served atop a layer of chunky home-fried potatoes.,,, which have been cooked by a kitchen brave enough to actually let them develop just a bit of a char or crust instead of the blanched-pale, underfried versions you get some places. Add two pieces of toast of your choosing -- the rye is great -- and you've got a breakfast that will make your morning.
The restaurant was not "crowded" while we were there, but there were several other parties that came and went during our meal. The server seemed to have little problem keeping up with all of us, doing frequent check-backs to see if we needed anything.... we didn't.
Bottom line: Good meal, creative dishes, generous servings, attentive service and good value for what we paid. Yesterday's will definitely stay on our list of places to visit again when we're in the area.

1  Thank MainerOnTheGo
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staff made the wait for a talble go by fast. Food was tasty and service good and attentive. Onion Rings are a reason to go back. The breakfast is served all day and the portions are ample! Would eat there again if I am in area.

1  Thank ButlerPortlandMaine