“Mediocre food, large portions”

Red Fox Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fox Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Jackson
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Woodire Grilling! The only Josper Oven in New Hampshire! And we have two of them.... Offering a Sports Bar with wide screen plasma TVs and local beers, and private dining, to a kids playroom and movie room, Red Fox is the casual dining destination for great food and great times. We are the Wood Fire experts so you can bet on items like grilled steaks and seafood's, as well as wood fired flatbreads! Breakfast Buffet! Join us for our famous ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfast breakfast buffet! Served Sundays: 7:30 am - 1:00 pm. Only $8.99. Children 4 years and under $3.99. Hours of Operation: Open 7 days a week! Monday through Friday we open at 4pm serving our full menu. Saturday we open at 12pm, and Sunday we open for our Famous Breakfast Buffet from 7:30am-1pm, followed with our full menu at 12pm.
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We went on a Monday night in November, and the place was pretty dead. The waitstaff was welcoming and attentive, but perhaps too attentive... I'd rather not have my waitress constantly checking in on me like she was! My husband ordered the Red Fox steak and I chose the eggplant parm. His steak was tasty and cooked nicely, sundried tomatoes were just perfect. My eggplant parm was good but there was way too much eggplant and spaghetti! Way, way too much, like enough for 3 people! I'm not sure why they give you it in two tiny dishes instead of just giving you it all in one dish... it's hard to eat because of that. The spinach dip we had for an app was great, also way too much for 2 people but would be perfect for 4-6 people to share. Our bill came to $60 (incl. our tip). All in all Red Fox was OK but nothing special. If you have a big party it might be a good place to go because the portions are huge!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I recently attended a Lunch & Learn Event in October, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Not only was the speaker outstanding, but the lunch was delicious and just the right amount. So many times you are served huge amounts of food - this was a yummy ham and cheese panini, a scoop of the best potato salad I have had in a long time and a pumpkin mousse that was as light as a feather. The Red Fox is a perfect venue for these large events (100 people), because of their attention to detail, good food and efficient service.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a delicious meal at a very reasonable price. In the afternoon, we stopped in for a cocktail and had the most wonderful chicken wings! Cooked to perfection!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Nice evening on fall spent in front of a fireplace and tasty food. The salmon was great.
The server looked to be in hurry and without experience to wait/help us to choose but overall was a pleasant dinner.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have eaten here numerous times in the past and always enjoyed it. Living in Conway we don't always think about the restaurant options in Jackson. Stopped in for the Sunday breakfast buffet that they have done for years. WOW...what a great job. Omelets made to order, a vareity of eggs dishes, homemade corned beef hash AND vegetable hash. The bacon was thick, slightly crunchy and flavorful. Also served sausage links and carved ham and roast pork. Everything was fresh and replenished often. The desserts (which I typically avoid) were amazing. Homemade donuts, like my grandmother used to make, and homemade bread pudding, to only mention a few. The bread for toast was thickly sliced, and obviosuly homemade as well. Are you getting the theme here??? Everything was of a homemade quality. This is a fairly location for this establishment, that could easily take the easy route and "buy" all their product, but they don't and it shows. The staff was friendly and the manager went table-to-table visiting with all the guests. GREAT JOB Red Fox, we'll be back again soon and often!