“Unprofessional Innkeeper”
Review of Snowflake Inn

Snowflake Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I first booked a 2 night mid-week stay and a few days later called back to get a price for a third night. The man on the phone gave me a price of $100 for the third night. I was going to check with my husband and call back but after he emphasized what a great deal that was, I agreed and reserved the third night. When we arrived at the inn, we found out from the innkeeper, Sue, that the third night had not been reserved. No problem, the room was available – for $270!! When we told her the man we spoke with reserved the room for $100, she said that was her husband and “Gary doesn’t know how to work the desk. He’s a golfer.” She repeated this several times which made us wonder what would happen to Gary later on. She refused to honor the price and said she’d split the difference with us but then offered a price that was no where near half of the difference. We reiterated that the original price should be honored and she offered the third night for $175. At this point we were tired of haggling and agreed.

We then got the tour of the Inn complete with a condescending lecture. We have no problem with there being a set of house rules but did not appreciate being treated as if we were likely to break them.

The next day we went to the front desk to book our dinner and massages. Gary was working the desk. As we’re talking to him, Sue spies us and practically runs across the room to take over for him. It was almost comical.

The room at the inn was very nice. We stayed in the Gazebo Suite. We did not experience a noise problem as others have mentioned, possibly because we were on the second floor and the inn was not busy. The 2 sided gas fireplace, Jacuzzi, and the 2 person shower were all very nice. We liked that the inn catered to adults and was non-smoking. However, the issues with the innkeeper will keep us from going back.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank Laurie B
There are newer reviews for Snowflake Inn

Boston Mass
Reviewed April 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Inn this past weekend and WOW was it wonderful. Beign a working Mom we never have had a weekend away (without kids!) and my husband surprised me with a trip up to Jackson NH. The Inn is beautiful furnishes, with a spectacular spa pool. We had a much needed time away,and couldn't be moire satisfied with the choice we made. Going back again this fall.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Snowflke Inn. We had never been there before, but last year my daughter and I stopped in and had a little tour and I decided that it would be a nice place to stay.
We do travel quite often and I must say that The Snowflake Inn is now one of our favorite places.
The Innkeeper and staff are VERY friendly and welcoming. The continental breakfasts were excellent, very fresh and soooo good! There was always a fresh pot of coffee, regular or decaf. Tea and espresso also available.The afternoon cookies (or brownies) were so yummy we went back for more!.
We found the room to be quiet with lots of sun, and the sound of the creek was wonderful with the window open. I found the sitting room to be a great place to read while my husband watched television.
We are looking forward to returning in June to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.

5  Thank earthgoods13
Reviewed March 25, 2006

My husband and I recently stay at the Snowflake...Boy what a experience. I wasnt' going to write or say anything but after reading some of the other reviews I had too.. I thought it was not worth the price. The room was noisy, you could hear the people next door..having ----, their TV..you got my point.
The cont. breakfast was a joke, very uninviting, look like they just warmed up the stuff. Every morning we went across the street to "Yesterday's" which was awesome!
The Innkeeper was very Rude and treated us like Kids, we are over 40 years old. She talked down to us. She had a chip on her shoulder and it seemed like her and the staff were watching us. A very uncomfortable feeling. Staff annd Owner need some professional training in dealing with people and hospitality.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

• Stayed: March 2006
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BOSTON
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I was there with my boyfriend for a night, and it was just horrible. Too much noise, the innkeeper was not very friendly. The cookies and breakfast was a real joke. Not worth the $300.00 a night at all. If you read all of the good reviews of this place you will see that they all sound alike. I believe the innkeeper is writing her own reviews and then posting them as actual guests; you will notice how she always includes her dog splash!! Well you have been warned, I will never go there again.

• Stayed: January 2006
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

My husband and I are heading back in March for our 5th visit.....that's how perfect the Snowflake Inn is. The packages are fantastic, this time we'll have a sleigh ride and snowshoeing...and a fantastic meal at the Wildcat Tavern Dining Room. Not to forget the couples massage that is included! So relaxing, we use the pool everyday at least one time if not more. The rooms are wonderful, gas fireplaces, sitting area's, beautiful views, and whirlpool tubs! How great after a day out and about! Always a coffee and tea pot on, goodies and fresh fruit for breakfast, huge wood burning fireplace in the main room with newspapers and books to borrow, happy and fun Innkeepers, and of course Splash! If only he could come out and play! This Inn has our very highest recommendations...we go back as often as possible!

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank Rhody5
Reviewed January 24, 2006

I am anxiously awaiting my second weekend at the Snowflake Inn. The Snowflake Inn in my opinion is a cross between an inn and a privately owned small hotel. This inn is not like a traditional inn, in that youre not sleeping in some ancient rickety tiny house with a couple other people as guests with you. Its more like a quaint hotel.

Last year in January, my boyfriend and I spent a weekend there. The building is new and cozy, with a huge fireplace in the main space and comfy seating. The rooms had well appointed furnishings that, while hotel-like, still made the room feel like an inn. The jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace was nice, and the bathroom massive and well-appointed.

The massages were a nice way to relax into the weekend. I even learned some ways I could relieve the tension in my upper back with some exercises the masseuse taught me!

Dinner at the Wildcat was fabulous. Extremely romantic. We are eating there again on our next stay.

Best part: SMOKE-FREE! I love the fact that it is strictly enforced on the premises, I'm really sensitive to smoke and really don't need that on a rare weekend away, so kudos to them! I also love that kids aren't allowed. If I wanted to see kids, I would do a chain hotel.

Overall, fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank lwalukevich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Snowflake Inn? Share your experiences!