“Wildcat ... purrrrrfect”

Wildcat Mountain
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular ski area in the northernmost reaches of New Hampshire.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our 2nd time to Wildcat proved to be as awesome as our 1st time. We recently skied 2 days there (we were staying at the Attitash Grand Summit and our lift tickets were good for both Attitash/Bear Peak & Wildcat). Because of the elevation, the snow at Wildcat is better (IMHO). Luv luv luv the highspeed quad to the summit. Our 1st day was cloudy so getting down the top 1/4 of the hill was a challenge, visibility was much better the 2nd day, but you can't fault the hill or Management for clouds.

We brought our own lunch, and was very thankful. I thought the cafeteria prices were way over-priced ... I did try a bowl of soup (to accompany the sammie I brought w/me) ... it was $6.95 for a very small portion; it was grossly salty so I actually took it back. None of the food looked worthy of the prices they were charging. I don't know why attractions feel compelled to serve up mediocre food for quality prices!

Food aside, we absolutely loved Wildcat and look forward to our next time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hardy souls know Wildcat for a cold windy summit. But on nice days it is the most beautiful place in the East.I even like it on the cold cloudy, snowy windy days. Out of the way, and that is a good thing! I love this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here over MLK weekend and expected it to be extremely crowded. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people not there. I didn't have to wait much more than 5 min to get up any lift. Its not the biggest mountain I've ever been to, but it is the tallest in the area which allow for some longer runs. The lodge is nothing special and not very big. It can get pretty crowded at the begining of the day and during lunch. If you aren't a skier/boarder, its not a place were you could hang out while your friends ride...no frills. Overall the mountain was a good ride with a nice mix of trails and difficulties.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great mountain for families. They have lots of longer trails which are easy for beginners.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

As a long time skier here.The new owners have ruined the mountain.No snow making!! Very limited trails.They have had many time's to make snow and choose not too. I guess waiting for mother nature and we know how that works.The grooming is terriable.Dont know what improvements they made except the TVs in the Lodge which are useless.Put it into improving skiing!!! And of course the prices went up and not the deals they use to give .So what if you have 2 mountains to go to it makes it easier for them to shut down Wildcat with just a little wind now. Looking elsewhere!!

1  Thank mtngirl23