“Private Sleigh Ride - Romantic and Fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Nestlenook Estate & Resort
Ranked #9 of 13 Jackson B&B and Inns
West Babylon, New York
“Private Sleigh Ride - Romantic and Fun”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited the estate one night for a private sleigh ride (with champagne !) and we really enjoyed our time there. The only thing I would have liked was to see it with all the snow on the ground. I've seen pictures and it's absolutely breathtaking! However, the estate and the grounds are still so beautiful you feel like you're walking through a christmas wonderland. Everything is decorated with brilliant white lights and seeing those big beautiful Belgian horses was amazing, we even got to pet one.

It really looked like something out of a Christmas card. There really weren't many people there, I think it's still a little too early in the season for that. The weather wasn't cold enough to do ice skating or any of the other winter activities but we didn't mind because our sole purpose was for the sleigh ride.

For $99 we got to have a private ride around the estate, even through the woods which felt like we stepped back into time to the 1800s, we even got to stop to feed the deer and were given an entire bottle of champagne ! We were so surprised because we both thought it was only a glass... a very pleasant surprise. The big fur blankets kept us warm in the cold weater. Greg was our "tour guide" and he was great ! He spoke about the estate and also about himself and the horses and he was a very personable and nice man. The people in the ticket center were also very helpful, polite and personable, answered all our questions.

There's a cozy outdoor fire area perfect for warming up in the cold weather and a little station offereing a nice hot comforting cup of hot chocolate. Overall, this was one of the most romantic experiences we've had. It's also perfect for families as there were a lot of young children there. Would recommend to anyone looking to enjoy beautiful scenery and to experience a 'step back into time,' or a christmas-y atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KellyAnnL

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Upstate NY
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We visited Nestlenook Farm on Feb. 14 for ice skating. Everything about this place was beautiful and much more fun than anticipated. The grounds look like someplace out of a storybook. The staff was super friendly, the skating pond was great to skate on and the warming hut was comfortable and cozy. We only planned to go there one night but went back for a sleigh ride and skating on the 15th and skating again on the 16th! It was that good!!! The sleigh ride driver was super nice and informative and was funny. We are from NY and if we lived closer we would be regular customers. My daughter summed it up best, she said while she was skating "I feel like i'm dreaming!!"

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kayutafamily
Newport, RI
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I recently visited Nestlenook over the three-day weekend, and after reading the last two reviews I felt compelled to write. Nestlenook re-opened under the operation of an amusement specialist at the end of November 2009. The accomodations are currently closed, but you can still enjoy the grounds. I have no idea what the man that described the place as "crumbling" is talking about, but from his review it sounds as if he went after rainstorms and flooding and that is why he was forced to use sub-par ice. Those types of things happen when you go to an OUTDOOR facility. When I went with my boyfriend we had an amazing time! The entire pond was open for skating and the sleigh ride was incredible. The staff was friendly and helpful and I look forward to be able to staying there when the place opens for lodging. I do feel sorry for the woman who had her wedding cancelled and think that although the owner is ill they should have honored her contract. But the estate itself is beautiful and I look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WeekendGetawayJunkie
massachusetts
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I just read the previous review and was shocked. We were married at Nestlenook on July 11, 2009 and the place was beautiful. The owner had just finished painting the entire property and had done extensive landscaping. This place is beautiful. We stayed again in September right before they closed and everything was great. I know Nestlenook closed because of health issues of the owner. Hopefully he will reopen soon. I've met him, he's a very nice man who built the entire place himself over the course of years.

Considering the place is closed right now i'm not sure why the last reviewer was even on the property, but lets give the owner a break. If and when they reopen I'm sure it will be as beautiful as ever. And trust me when I say nothing is "crumbling".

I say good luck to the owner of Nestlenook,, if and when you reopen I will be your first customer!!!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank fairytaledreamer
Connecticut
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The advertisements for Nestlenook still use old photos of the resort in all its grandeur but the truth is that Nestlenook is crumbling and is probably beyond repair. We stopped there over New Years and hoped to go skating and sleigh riding. The young couple at the front desk told us that the main skating area was closed but we could skate in the man-made area. We walked over to the area and it was obvious that no one had skated anywhere in Nestlenook in weeks or maybe even years. Everything was flooded and iced over and crumbling. The man-made skating area was the size of my dining room and used a frozen plasstic substance instead of ice - not useable. This place needs a benefactor with about 2 to 3 million dollars to restore this mess back into a gorgeous gem but right now it is a depressing thing to experience. We asked in town about what had happened and found out that a combintion of health issues for the owner as well as the bad economy had doomed the place. While my heart goes out to the owner and wish him well, Nestlenook needs to be crossed off every list of places to visit - the place ceases to exist.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank NH_Maine_2010

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

USA
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I would never recommend this place to anyone, friend or foe. They called us just two weeks before the wedding that we had been planning there for a year to tell us that they were closing. We also had booked a week-long honeymoon at the inn. This left us with two weeks to find a new wedding venue and a place for our honeymoon. They were very uncooperative and made several promises to us that they did not keep - including sending us a list of alternative wedding venues and lodging in the area, which never came our way. We did receive our money back, but that is all that I can say in their favor. A business owner that would knowingly leave a customer in the position that they left us in, and not even have the decency to send us an apology or even speak to us himself (instead he made one of his employees deal with his mess), is just not a respectable human-being in my opinion. There are rumors that they will re-open; if that is true, I would encourage you to stay away and do business with any of the other nice places in the area that are run by good, honest people and will have your best interests at heart.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank travler009
New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2009

What is up at the Nestlenook Farms, in Jackson, NH. We visited this past weekend and the place was CLOSED. Usually this time of year, they have seligh rides and do a Halloween theme, It looks like there is renovations going on, bit was avandoned!! Anyone know what is happending, such a great place, hate to see it closed

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Lodge at Jackson Village
Snowflake Inn
Snowflake Inn
#2 of 13 in Jackson
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Nestlenook Estate & Resort? Share your experiences!