Whitney's Inn
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$95
Official Hotel
The Wentworth(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$136
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$139
$119
Hotels.com
Nordic Village Resort(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$239
$100
Swiss Chalets Village Inn(Intervale)(Great Value!)
$62
$59
$55
Attitash Mountain Village(Bartlett)(Great Value!)
$99
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshovel handle pubblack mountainthe pubdaughter's weddingrustic stylelive entertainmentwedding venuewonderful weddingbride and groomsteak tipsmy husband and icookieshas great foodnew englandpull out couchfull kitchenhot cocoa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It is a very family oriented place with a friendly staff and great breakfast. The overall condition of the inn could certainly use some attention. Great heated pool but trash and dirty towels out from the days before. Broken toys and smashed fence. We had the largest room #16 is great for a family. Big and lots of space. Pull out couch and good location. It definitely needs upgrading and a lot of TLC but I know the staff loves the place and hopefully with some minor fix ups they will raise the bar. The property is beautiful. Lots of room to play outside. Tennis court is out of commission and playground set was old and wobbly. But.....if you love Mother Nature and want a great location that is two minutes from Storyland than this place is great. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you compare what Whitneys Inn looks like compared to the website ,the pictures on the website are very deceiving. We stayed at the Inn the week of August 12,2013 and we were very disappointed at the condition of the Inn. The country side that the Inn is on is very nice however the Inn definitelty needs to be refurbished. We stayed in room 12 which appeared to be nice on the website however once in the room I would not even take my shoes or socks off. I did not feel like the room was clean most likely because the condition of the room was very worn. The bathroom was also very tiny, no place to put anything and no room to even turn around. We had to spend some time looking for the pond with all of the boats that are advertised. 3 of the boats which were filled with water and never looked lke they had been used and a boathouse which was about to topple down which had the "paddle boats" inside. There is no way that you could even get to the paddle boats in fear of the boathouse falling down on you. There was also a tennis court which could not be played on, no net, huge cracks, and forget about playing basketball on this court your ball would have bounced off of the court because of all of the holes on the court and huge cracks. To top it off for breakfast the next morning, we had to wait 45 minutes to be served. We almost walked out. In saying all of this the staff were all nice and if you go to the shovelhead saloon it was also a good place to eat both food and people. I was very dissappointed that the Inn was in the condition it was in and I find it hard to believe that people leaving reviews on this site rated it in some cases excellent! They must not know what good is. I would not return to the Inn unless it was refurbished.

2  Thank dsunm
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just had our daughter's wedding at Whitney's Inn and I can not say enough about the entire experience. The staff was amazing, the facility was perfect, and the food was out of this world. We had an experience that far exceeded all of our expectations. Any issues or problems were taken care of quickly and with smiles. We filled the entire Inn with our guests which is an added bonus as it was one big party. The rooms are very nice and the housekeeping staff was great. We had a wedding weekend that was not only fun but was soooo easy due to the help and attitude of the staff at Whitney's. Don's comment to all of our crazy requests was always whatever you want the place is yours. Paul coordinator/restaurant manager was also a pleasure to work with. Food...well can't say enough many of our guests are in the wedding business and some are chefs and even they were blown away. Lots of compliments from our guests. Thanks for making such amazing memories for us!!!!

1  Thank Lchris3506
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This trip was a last minute mid-week get away to a new area. I had a bad feeling the minute i pulled in the parking lot but continued on with a positive attitude. If i had only one word to describe this Inn it would be depressing. The lobby was quaint with a pitcher of iced tea and cookies. We had brought our dog on this trip and the desk clerk was professional and directed us to our room. The room was just few steps from the office and the path to the bar. When we walked into the room (she informed us that they had just cleaned the carpet) the smell of cat urine was very strong where I felt I was going to be sick. I informed the desk and she immediately moved us to a different room. I felt she already knew or someone did and tried to pass it on anyway. The new room was in a separate building away from the main lodge. You walk down the road to actually get to the building as there is no walk way. That was unusual. Behind this building and right out our porch is a very large dirt parking lot. For some reason the road commission was using this parking lot outside our room, and they went back and forth back and forth. There were about 20 pieces of large equipment. Would have been great for someone with young boys who love Tonka trucks lol. The owners have really tried with this Inn by remodeling. But they are missing the small important details like........sweeping the porch the guests walk on. This will clear the cigarette butts, dirt, sand Ii had to walk through to get in the door. Clean the windows. It's disgusting and depressing to look through dirty glass. All the outside windows in the room were dirty. I wish i could add pictures. The coffee pot was also dirty. I took it into the dining room to have it washed. The toilet had not been cleaned in the bowl. Outside was clean including the tub. The air conditioner filters were filthy, I mean filthy. The shower head was so clogged we had to buy vinegar to soak it. The flow was not enough to rinse my hair proper. They have a nice little gas fire place with a fake front. That's nice but one of the stones came unglued and was just laying on the floor. The water heater registers were falling apart. Easily put back together. Our room was painted a dark rust and I guess it"s a preference but in a small area its dark. The paint behind the toilet was not painted to the floor and there's dark paint all over the white trim in the bedroom. Sigh........anyway I could go on but the point is someone in charge needs to do a surprise SLOW walk through each room and see what needs to be done and clean this place up.
On the positive side the dining room for breakfast was lovely and service fast. This was included in the room price. It was quiet outside. Walls in room are vey thin and you can hear people just talking in the next room. Staff was very friendly and the main building has character. Winter time things may look better. The ski lift is just outside the Inn. However, that place really looks run down.

Room Tip: I think we stayed in 23.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shawnmsw
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I wanted to thank the wonderful nice people at Whitney's Inn in Jackson NH. We had a tramatic stay at another local hotel (covered bridge) in Jackson and it ended with a police escort to this wonderful hotel "Whitney's Inn". What a relief, we were happy, safe, relaxed. The room was very nice and clean, the people were all great, the food was great. A Free great tasting country breakfast every morning. A cute pond with complimentary kayaking/canoeing and fishing. We will definitely be back to this great place. Thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts.

1  Thank Kerry Q