“The Spa is just OK...”

Christmas Farm Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I didn't stay here, but I had a massage and pedicure at the spa. While both were very relaxing, the massage was very "weak" and I asked to please only focus on 3 specific areas but the woman did my entire body. There wasn't nearly enough pressure for the massage to help relieve any of the back pain I expressed. The pedicure was great and please do not get me wrong that I loved it, but it was not worth $65. This was a normal pedicure that I could have gotten at any nail salon for $25. The only difference was they had me soak for at least 15 minutes before doing anything. I am still not sure why the price is so high! I simply feel that the spa is incredibly over priced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
CFIManager, General Manager at Christmas Farm Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

The Spa team and us were disappointed to read your review and have discussed it at length.
As you did not raise any concerns during your time at the spa we had to investigate your identity, what services you booked exactly and who your technicians were after reading your review.

We believe that you booked a Stress Fix Massage, a new AVEDA signature treatment that focuses on Swedish massage techniques for high stress areas of the body- shoulders, neck, face, upper back and forearms along with a specific foot reflexology treatment. This is a very specific treatment and if requested we have to assume you chose this massage for all its elements in addition to the areas you requested special focus for.
As to the intensity of the massage, the technicians apply medium pressure unless requested to apply more pressure by their customer during the consultation or treatment. Everybody experiences massage pressure differently, feedback is therefore important.

Our prices for massages is $85, for the Stress Fix $95 due to the special, organic Stress Fix aromas that are clinically proven to reduce feelings of stress.

Our Elemental Nature pedicure costs $65 and should include a color consultation, aroma-sensory journey, a 10-minute foot soak, exfoliation of feet and lower legs, foot care and painting, foot massage and complimentary beverages.

If you have not received this pedicure spa experience please contact me at sandra@christmasfarminn.com and I will send you a gift certificate for a complimentary pedicure.

Our services are priced to be in line with other day and resort spas in the area. As an added value, all our treatments include free use of our indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, hot tub and fitness center for non-Inn guests.

Thank you for your time.
Sandra and the Spa team

There are newer reviews for Christmas Farm Inn & Spa

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend at the Inn. No problems with booking, check in or check out. There are various rooms and suites to chose from. We much enjoyed our suite in the Carriage House which included everything we needed, great amenities for shower and bath, an ample sized refrigerator, two tv's, a super king bed, a comfy sitting area and a balcony with a view. Even fully booked, the Carriage House was quiet and private. We pre-booked relaxation massages at the spa and we were both satisfied ... 90 minutes and we didn't want it to end! The spa staff is wonderful.

The complimentary cook-to-order breakfast was very nice and the baked goods were delicious. For a special treat, you have to try one the martinis at the pub. We were less impressed with the evening meal and would suggest dining elsewhere. There are several places nearby and we really liked the Red Fox Bar & Grill.

We ventured out on a day trip to to do some shopping in North Conway at the outlet mall and check out the scenery. It's a quaint area. The front desk will give you directions.

The owners are very much hands-on and Friendly with a capital F - nice people! Their sweet dog Cookie even greeted us at the door. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great massage, this is the place to go. The Carriage House suites are right...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

it was great to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the room, Spa and breakfast. We were sorry to read your comment about your dining experience - if you like please contact me on sandra@christmasfarminn.com to share your thoughts, we truly want to know. Our chef and team usually get wonderful comments, so we would like to make sure we can address your concerns.

We hope to welcome you back soon,
Gary, Sandra and the team

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and two teenage children (one each) came to Jackson for some early spring cross country skiing. We have out grown staying in hotels with two double or queen beds and we wanted to be close to all we love about Jackson. This was our first stay at the Christmas Farm Inn. After checking it out on line and talking it over with the front desk we decided on the Hemlock room in the barn. It was perfect, plenty of room to spread out. The kids loved the loft and we all found the beds to be very comfortable. The TV was a flat screen and on the smaller side but we only used it to check the weather. There is just to much to do around the Inn and Jackson to waste time watching TV. The room was very clean and quite. The indoor pool and hot tub were great and we ended each day in them. We started everyday with breakfast at the Inn and it was outstanding. Nothing fancy but everything we had was top notch. We did not have any other meals there because we did not get back to the Inn till late in the day. We did enjoy a quiet night cap in the pub one night and would recommend it as the perfect way to end the day. Everyone at the Inn took great pride in the place and their work. We did get to chat Gary and Sandra the owners and informed them we will be back.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and find the one that is right for your family or needs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review! The Barn rooms are great for families, very cozy and authentic. I love the old barn ceilings and my kids the balcony overlooking the sitting room. In summer time, there is plenty of outdoor fun for teenage kids; wild water rafting, kayaking, hiking, ziplining, moose safaris (really!) and much more. Hurry back!

Gary, Sandra and the team

Reviewed March 19, 2013

-My husband and I enjoyed a two night stay at the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. My daughter bought us a Groupon gift for a one night stay either in the Main Inn or the Salt Box. I requested if we could upgrade, but was told we could not. We stayed in the Main Inn in the Blitzen, Room 6. It was right above the front entrance on the second floor. The inn was not busy, but if it was, I believe you would hear the noise of those entering and coming up the stairs. The room was comfortable and clean. We had two wing back chairs to sit in and read as the sun came through all the windows with mountain views. The TV was on the small size. Some reviewers complained that the beds were uncomfortable, but we slept fine.We were overcharged at the original booking, but immediately credited our credit card when we brought it to their attention. The Groupon was for $109, but the regular charge of the room was $99. They took the $109 for the first night. and charged us $99 for the second night, and tax on both. As you can see, it was not a good deal here, so check the regular rate for a room before you buy the Groupon.
We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi and it was warm and inviting. We also booked separate Swedish Massages at the spa. The staff was friendly and experienced. We both enjoyed this very much and would recommend anyone to book a massage for themselves.
Both evenings we spent time in the Pub, which is very inviting. We met some great people at the Pub and never went out to eat the first night, because it was just so friendly and we were having such a super time. We met the owners in here and also enjoyed their company too. We had two appetizers, Mussels with chorizo and wine (just fabulous) and Pop stickers (pork).
The following evening we ate at the restaurant in the Inn. We again had the Mussels for an appetizer, and enjoyed a meal from the entree. The food was very good.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay and we were comfortable I wished we could have upgraded to the Carriage House as some past Groupon vouchers have let us in the past. I would recommend staying at the Carriage House, but the Inn was fine, but could be very noisy if busy. And, some rooms have tiny bathrooms. Read the descriptions of each room carefully.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
CFIManager, General Manager at Christmas Farm Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review, we are happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and also enjoyed meeting you. As you could tell, the pub is is Gary's favorite place! We will share your compliments with our team.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our stay at the Christmas Farm Inn was incredible! We had such a great time. Everything was perfect, our Carriage Room, the 1 hr. massages we booked, the food etc. The staff especially greeted us with smiles every day, they were wonderful. We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. We definitely will visit again, a wonderful place to get away!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndi G
CFIManager, General Manager at Christmas Farm Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you very much for for kind words and making use of all our facilities! Great to read that you loved the room, spa, dining room and staff - four out of four, yeahh!
Hurry back for your next getaway,

Gary, Sandra and all the staff

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My Husband & I stayed @ CFI almost 13 yrs ago; it was a "Christmas" gift from my former boss & The Tolley's had just taken the reins. While it was a nice stay & we enjoyed, it was always, "if we go back fine, if we don't fine". This past January I saw a good deal through Groupon for CFI & decided to revisit their web site & we liked what we saw and booked. Last month we were given a 2 night getaway which we used 3/3-3/5/13. Our Rm was CH10 (Carriage House) a mini suite & it was Lovely! We had dinner in the pub & the food was excellent. We also had later evening cocktails in the pub & got to meet & know Gary Plourde & Cookie! He is such an interesting man! On the day we were to leave, I awoke with a stomach virus & knew I couldn't travel 4 1/2 hrs home so my husband asked to re-book the suite. The Plourdes & staff were very kind. The next day when we cked out they told us they gave us a reduced rate on the room & included breakfast! I was so surprised by this, we never expected to be given this consideration! Even before getting sick, I was so happy that we decided to return & now even more so! Thank You, Gary, Sandy, Colleen, Kathy, Inga, Deb, Lois & Cindy & to all who are behind the scene that we didn't have the pleasure of meeting (like whoever took care of our room :-) )! See You in July!

Room Tip: go to web or facebook page & check out guest comments & photos
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you found us again! And to have won back your loyalty and friendship. We greatly enjoyed meeting you both and very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This review is a little late....But had to write about how great this place is. We stayed there in December for the Polar Express event. From the moment we got there it was magical. When we got to our room there waiting for my daughter was the Polar Express bell and invitation. My daughter was truly excited. The room was perfect..and quiet..we didn't hear a peep from anyone in any other room, which is very important to me! We had dinner that night in the barn with Mrs. Claus. It exceeded our expectations! When you walk into the barn you are greeted by friendly staff who looks for your name on the Christmas card in the tree I the foyer and like you to your table. On the table was a Christmas ornament with your name on it. The room was decorated beautifully and there was a person singing songs..the whole atmosphere got us into the spirit of Christmas. The food that was served was just delicious....buffet style. And the desserts were to die for. Mrs. Claus comes and reads a book for the children and then poses for pictures with each child. She gives them each the book she read and another present. The next day your on your own for the day ...you can sit in the cozy living room with the fireplace (there's an adjoining room for kids to play games or watch t.v.). We went into Conway were there were shops, etc. That night we did the Polar Express event. It was awesome. We came back to the Inn sat around the fireplace with a glass of wine and just relaxed. The staff was so wonderful. They let us sit there and hang out...after they went home for the night...only asking us to clean up after ourselves and shut the lights off. We had dinner and breakfast there as well. The food was delicious and the dining room was very comfy. Everyone there was so accommodating and nice...we were sad to leave...but will return! Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Colleen831

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this comprehensive review, we are truly grateful for your recommendation and sharing your experience. We are practically living and breathing Polar Express in the run up to Christmas, the whole team gets involved and enjoys it. We already sold over 100 tix for this year and are currently operating a wait list. Most bookings so far are from return guests; this is the greatest compliment of all.

All the best,
Gary, Sandra and all the team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
#3 of 12 in Bartlett
Snowflake Inn
Snowflake Inn
#2 of 11 in Jackson

Been to Christmas Farm Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!