We ended up at the Christmas Inn and Spa thanks to a Groupon. Initially I felt it was a great deal but as our trip day got closer - we saw similarly priced deals for that time. So I felt a little stupid. Anyways thats not the Inn's fault. Overall the Inn is a very good place and hence the 4 stars in the rating but some things that I mention below is why they missed getting a 5.
The first impression as we drove up there on a cold Oct evening was nice. There was a lot of activity with hardly any parking. It was a lot of elderly people in the restaurant and I found out from the lady at the front desk that it was the TGIF club of Jackson (Thank God Im Fifty) having their Halloween dinner. So we could not get to have dinner until 8pm. We got a king bed in the Barn next door - room was quite big and clean. Being a converted barn - the climb upstairs with luggage was a little precarious. It was also not very sound proof - but overall a nice experience.
Dinner was expensive. Service could have been better but then as mentioned earlier - there was quite a crowd to deal with so we understand. Quality of food - not great for the price we paid - but then there really is no choice in the area.
We slept like a log as we had a long journey getting in. The heating was decent with an electric fireplace that we did NOT use. Next day morning we requested a late check out which we were denied. I could see the number of keys in the back for rooms not occupied and an extra hour could not be accommodated because they had someone coming in to that very room that afternoon. That response left a very sore taste in my mouth and hence had to mention it - therefore the staff can improve their service mentality.
The location of the place is a mixed bag. It is isolated enough to not have much road.city noise. But the GPS invariably takes you there along the inner roads and one gets the feeling - am I heading in the right direction. The adjacent river and falls are very beautiful and make the location nice for a short walk.
Overall - was nice. Price could be a little more competitive. Location is great but food at restaurant can be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Farm Inn and Spa is a historic country Inn with a state-of-the-art spa, offering dining and lodging in Jackson, New Hampshire. Our 15 acre campus is the perfect retreat to enjoy the amenities of the Mt. Washington Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Christmas Farm Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Farm Hotel Jackson
- Christmas Farm Inn And Spa
- Christmas Farm Resort