“Great for experienced XC'ers, not so much for beginners”

Jackson Ski Touring Foundation
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Cross-country ski area on scenic grounds.
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My wife and I visited Jackson XC for the Valentine's Day weekend. We had been XC skiing locally and wanted to improve our skills so we spent a weekend in Jackson. The staff was very professional and friendly in helping me set up my lesson and my overall plan for the weekend. We started off with a lesson from Scott- he was a good instructor and made us feel comfortable. The problem began when we went to hit the beginner trails afterwards. Both my wife and I felt that they were too advanced for early beginners. The trails- even the ones recommended to us- had large hills and drop-offs with riverbanks and trees very close to the sides of the narrow trails. One missed turn on a sharp curve after a high hill, and you could easily hit a tree or go into the water. The people were very friendly, but I think even the "beginner" trails are for people with some intermediate experience. I will say it seems if you are seriously into the sport, you will really have a great time here- it was just to advanced for us- we went to nearby Bear Notch and and a much better time in a beginner's element.

There are newer reviews for Jackson Ski Touring Foundation