“A great place”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love the Scarecrow! It's a really cute restaurant I like how it's nice and dark inside with a fall/Halloween type theme. It's nothing fancy but the food is great. Last time I went I had the Italian sub and it was ridiculously good. I recommend this place when you want good quality food without getting too dressed up.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were glad to find a restaurant in North Conway area that could actually seat us during the 4th of July weekend. Now I know why they could. We waited a half hour to order and then waited an hour for our food. The food was cold and wasn't good at all. I'll never return to this place.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ate there 2 of the 4 nights we were up, love this place! If you like fried shrimp definitely order that - 18 shrimp for $11.95? Perfectly cooked; sweet, tender, and med. sized. Got that both nights. Husband had veal parm one nite - not bad but not the best. Chicken parm for son, tender and perfectly cooked both times. Taste of Italy for hubby 2nd time, HUGE platter of food, everything perfect. Wait staff unbelievable friendly and attentive. Dinner for 3, 2 beers, and 1/2 carafe of wine was about $60, and we were stuffed! I cook, and I mean COOK at home, but if this place were closer we'd go once a week. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This pub is known as a local haven, but I've had the fortune to utilize it now as a pretty decent to go spot...Real solid pub grub, highlighted by what i consider the best burger I've had up in the White Mountains, a beefy 7 0z (it's called the Kennedy burger) oversized meatball served on a toasted bun with homecut french fries...The chicken parmesan platter was bountiful, and the potato skins were solid...value's the key word here, as the combination of the food quality and kitchen execution (quote time 15 minutes,came in 10, got served quickly with my MR burger just perfect) makes this spot a "to go" spot in Bartlett.

1  Thank Bearsfriend
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have a home in the area and spend about 5-10 days a month in the North Conway area. During a most recent trip, we went to the Scarecrow with another couple to celebrate a birthday. While we do live nearby, we also went in response to their ad in the paper for Prime Rib Special on Saturday night.
We arrived at the restaurant around six pm, and all four of us ordered prime rib. After a couple of minutes, the waitress came back and told us only two were available.
In disbelief, we questioned her about the fact that it was in the paper, it was only 6 PM, and it seem hard to believe that they were out.
She then told us that they actually had more, but that they were being held for customers who were coming in later, customers who "come in all the time".
Very disappointed that we were not allowed to order a meal because other potential customers, who supposedly "come in all the time" were coming later and it was being held back for them.
Unfortunate that, being in the area so many days a month, we could also have been customers who "come in all the time", but not after this trip.

1  Thank SXMman